The pumpkin ricotta cake recipe we have here produces moisture-iffic and rich texture because of the presence of ricotta cheese. You will surely appreciate the spicy twist made by ground ginger, cardamom, nutmeg and cinnamon.
Read More: https://foodandmeal.com/cake/
- 1 15oz. can of pumpkin
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of fresh ricotta
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp. of baking soda
- 2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 ¼ tsp. of cinnamon
- ½ of cardamom
- ½ tsp. of nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. of ground ginger
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp. of salt
- Preheat oven into 350°F while preparing an angel food cake pan (or Bundt cake pan) by greasing it and slightly sprinkling it with flour.
- Into a medium bowl, incorporate the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt).
- Next, mix in with sugar and butter using stand mixer with paddle attachment.
- Add the eggs, one by one, making sure that you stir the mixture well after each addition.
- Add in the ricotta, pumpkin and vanilla extract and mix again.
- Fold in the flour into the wet ingredients and when you’re done, pour the mixture into the cake pan.
- Bake the mixture for about 50 minutes and check using toothpick (or knife) test. Put the pan onto the wire rack for about 10 minutes to let it cool down.
- You can opt to dust the pumpkin cake using powdered sugar or frost it with your choice of icing.
Time and Serving
- Preparation : 15 minutes
- Cooking : 50 minutes
- Serving : one 9-inch cake