Fish tacos have become a classic in many households today. The fact that some assembly is required makes dinner time a lot more fun, especially for kids. The halibut is marinated with a cilantro-lime marinade, then grilled, and served with pickled onions and crema topping. Set out condiments in little bowls and let the everyone prepare their custom tacos.
Fish Tacos Recipes
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons chile powder
- 1½ teaspoons oregano dried
- ½ ground cumin
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves lightly packed fresh, chopped, and more for garnish
- 1 jalapeno stemmed and chopped (optional)
- 4 halibut steaks or other flaky white fish such as mahi mahi
- ½ tsp salt
- Juice of 1 lime and more lime cut into quarters
- 8 corn tortillas fresh
- Mexica crema
- Tomato salsa Fresh or store bought
- Place the sliced red onion in a bowl and add 1/2 cup red wine vinegar and one tablespoon honey. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- To prepare the halibut marinade, pour the olive oil into a small bowl and add the chile powder, oregano, cumin, chopped cilantro, jalapeño and the lime juice. Mix well.
- Place the fish filets in a shallow dish and coat well with the marinade on both sides. Let the fish marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat an outdoor or indoor grill (I use a grill over my stove).
- Grill the halibut steaks 3-4 minutes per side depending on thickness.
- You can check how cooked the steaks are by lightly pressing down on the top of the fish. When you feel it is starting to get firm, you can remove from the grill.
- To heat the tortillas place 4 on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 30-45 seconds. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves, lime quarters, and serve with Mexican crema, and fresh salsa.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Other ways to making Fish Tacos
Start by preparing the fillets. You can break them into large chunks. Once they’re cooked, you can assemble the tacos by placing fish on the bottom, followed by cabbage slaw and toppings of your choice. Once the fillets have been fried, you can add the taco sauce, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and sour cream. If you’d like, you can also use sour cream instead of Greek yogurt.
After frying the fish, you can add your choice of toppings. If you want to add heat, you can dunk them in sriracha or lime juice. Once they’re done, top the tacos with the ingredients of your choice and top with taco sauce. Serve immediately, with plenty of napkins. These tasty little bites make the perfect summer treat. When you’re feeling adventurous, try combining them with a side dish for the ultimate flavor experience.
When assembling the tacos, keep the fillets in separate portions. Once you’ve finished cooking the fish, arrange the toppings on top. You can also drizzle a little taco sauce on each taco before serving. The tacos should be warm. To reheat them, warm the corn tortillas in the microwave or on a skillet. Then, prepare your toppings. If you’re using canned ingredients, you should add more chili pepper flakes.
Before serving, you should warm tortillas in the microwave. To prepare the filling, wrap the tortillas in a dish towel. Spread the filling with tomato salsa and a pinch of cabbage. Finally, serve with lime wedges and hot sauce. If you’re not sure what toppings to use, try making a small recipe. For the best results, smother the tortillas with taco sauce, then add a little shredded cheese.
To assemble Fish Tacos, you’ll need a non-stick skillet. Place the fish on the skillet. Remove it from the heat and allow to cool. To assemble the tacos, pour the sauce over the fish. Then, garnish the tacos with cilantro or avocado slices. Then, add the remaining ingredients and top with the fish. You can eat your Fish Tapas at any time of the day.
The fish should be well-cooked. The internal temperature of fish should be at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, you should whisk the cream sauce with plain Greek yogurt and lime juice. You can also add sriracha and cayenne pepper to the seasoning. After mixing the sauce and the fish, you can assemble the tacos and serve. The perfect meal for any occasion. This recipe is easy and delicious for the whole family.
Besides the traditional taco meat, fish can also be grilled. When grilling, you should brush the grill grates with oil to prevent it from sticking. Once cooked, you can add other ingredients to the tacos, such as sauteed vegetables or roasted asparagus. To make Fish Tacos more attractive, add some sour cream. A small amount of cilantro is enough to enhance the taste of the taco.
Food and Meal site is happy to accompany you on a tour of culinary cultures around the world. Feel free to ask us anything about the recipes because all your kind comments give us the chance to improve our site.