Hey everyone, James here! I’m so excited to share a new recipe that I’ve been loving lately – quinoa bowls with teriyaki chicken.
As some of you know, I’ve been on a health kick lately, trying to eat better and cook more nutritious meals at home. It hasn’t always been easy balancing my busy work schedule with making home-cooked dinners. That’s why I was thrilled when I discovered this delicious and easy teriyaki chicken quinoa bowl recipe. It satisfies my cravings for something flavorful and filling while still being good for me.
The best part is that it comes together in under 30 minutes! I know I don’t have a ton of time to spend slaving away in the kitchen on weeknights. So having a tasty meal I can throw together quickly with simple ingredients is an absolute lifesaver for me. All it takes is cooking up some chicken in a sweet and salty homemade teriyaki sauce, sautéing veggies like broccoli and red bell peppers, and cooking some quinoa on the stove.
Then you layer everything together in a bowl for a meal that totally hits the spot. The quinoa provides whole grains and protein, the veggies add lots of nutrients, and the chicken teriyaki gives it great Asian flavor. I also love customizing each bowl with toppings like avocado, green onion, sesame seeds – whatever sounds good!
It’s become one of my new favorite healthy dinner recipes. I can’t wait for you all to try it and let me know what you think! Having tasty, nutritious meals like this that I can make quickly has been a total game-changer for staying on track with my health goals. Cooking at home more often makes me feel proud and accomplished too. Let me know in the comments if you give this quinoa bowl a try! I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Quinoa bowls with Teriyaki Chicken Recipes
If you are a busy person, this Teriyaki Chicken Quinoa Bowls prep is a great choice. The quinoa is a versatile and easy-to-prepare ingredient, and the chicken is tender and flavorful. Adding some broccoli and cabbage makes this dish a healthy option for lunch or dinner. You can make the chicken teriyaki sauce ahead of time and serve it with the quinoa bowls in a few minutes.
Teriyaki Chicken Quinoa Bowls
- In a pot set over medium to high heat, add in the water and quinoa. Season with a dash of salt. Allow to come to a boil. Cover and lower the heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until all of the water has been absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- In a bowl, add in the palm sugar, soy sauce, minced garlic, powdered ginger, apple cider vinegar and cornstarch. Whisk until smooth in consistency. Set aside.
- In a steamer, add in the broccoli. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper. Steam until tender. Set aside.
- In a skillet set over medium heat, add in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add in the chicken. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Lower the heat to low. Add in the sauce and stir well to mix. Cook for 1 minute or until thick in consistency. Remove from heat.
- Add the cooked quinoa into serving bowls. Top off with the cooked chicken and steamed broccoli.
- Serve with a garnish of sesame seeds.
- Customize to Your Palate: Feel free to experiment with the teriyaki sauce's sweetness or saltiness to match your taste. Remember, cooking is a personal expression – own it!
- Nutrient Boost: Enhance the nutrition by adding colorful veggies like bell peppers, broccoli, or snap peas. They not only add vibrancy but also essential vitamins.
- Meal Prep Magic: Prepare extra portions of the teriyaki sauce and quinoa in advance. This not only saves time but also sets you up for multiple delicious and nutritious meals throughout the week. Embrace efficiency without compromising on taste!
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
FoodAndMeal.Com website is happy to accompany you on a tour of culinary cultures around the world. Feel free to ask us anything about the recipes because all your kind comments give us the chance to improve our site.
Unlock Culinary Brilliance: Tips for the Perfect quinoa bowls with teriyaki chicken
Achieving culinary excellence requires a blend of technique and intuition. Here are some insights to elevate your Teriyaki Chicken Quinoa Bowl to a level of gourmet perfection:
- Marinate Mindfully: Allow the chicken to luxuriate in the teriyaki marinade for at least 30 minutes. This not only infuses flavor but also tenderizes the meat for a succulent bite.
- Sear with Precision: When cooking the chicken, ensure the pan is hot before adding it. This creates a tantalizing caramelized crust that seals in the juices.
- Fluff Your Quinoa: After cooking the quinoa, fluff it with a fork to achieve a light, airy texture. This ensures that each mouthful is a harmonious blend of nuttiness and tenderness.
Common Mistakes to Avoid:
- Rushing the Marination: Impatience can lead to bland chicken. Allow the marinade to work its magic; your taste buds will thank you.
- Overcooking Chicken: Nothing is sadder than dry chicken. Keep a close eye on the cooking time to maintain the tender juiciness.
- Serve over brown rice or cauliflower rice cooked by rice cooker from japan for a low-carb option
- Top with avocado, edamame, carrots, cucumbers, or other vegetables
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds, green onions, or furikake
- Add a fried or poached egg on top for extra protein
- Drizzle with soy sauce, sriracha, or teriyaki sauce
- Make it a bowl meal by adding quinoa and roasted vegetables like broccoli or Brussels sprouts
- For extra flavor, add kimchi, sauerkraut, or pickled vegetables on the side
- Enjoy with miso soup and a side salad for a complete Japanese-inspired meal
- Stuff into a whole wheat pita or wrap for an on-the-go option
- Serve with grilled pineapple or mango salsa on the side
- Pair with brown rice tea or green tea
FAQs about quinoa bowls with teriyaki chicken
Q1: Can I use store-bought teriyaki sauce? Absolutely! However, consider crafting your own teriyaki sauce for an authentic and customized flavor profile. Check out our teriyaki sauce recipe in our previous blog post.
Q2: Can I make this bowl ahead of time? Certainly! Prepare the components – marinate the chicken, cook the quinoa – and store them separately. Assemble the bowl when ready to serve for maximum freshness.
Q3: How do I store leftovers? Store the leftover components separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator. When ready to enjoy again, gently reheat the chicken to preserve its tenderness.
Q4: Can I make a vegetarian version? Absolutely! Swap the chicken for tofu or tempeh marinated in teriyaki sauce. You’ll achieve a protein-packed delight.
Q5: Can I freeze the Teriyaki Chicken Quinoa Bowl? While quinoa doesn’t freeze well due to its texture change, you can freeze the cooked, marinated chicken. Ensure it’s properly sealed and consume it within a month for the best results.
There you have it – a comprehensive guide to mastering the Teriyaki Chicken Quinoa Bowl. From cooking insights to serving flair, we’ve covered it all. Now, go forth and create your culinary masterpiece!
Hey everyone, James here again! I hope you enjoyed reading about my new favorite quinoa bowls with teriyaki chicken recipe. This nutritious bowl has become a regular in my weekly meal prep because it’s so tasty, easy to make, and keeps me feeling satisfied.
I love being able to throw everything together in under 30 minutes for a filling dinner that also aligns with my health goals. Cooking quick, delicious meals like this at home makes me feel proud and accomplished. It’s a win-win!
Let me know in the comments below if you decide to try out this quinoa bowl recipe for yourself. I’d be thrilled to hear your feedback, see photos of your creations, or answer any questions you might have. Healthy home cooking has never been so easy or flavorful!
I’m looking forward to sharing more of my favorite quick and nutritious recipes with you all soon. Quinoa bowls with teriyaki chicken are just the beginning. Get ready for more meal inspiration headed your way! In the meantime, stay happy and healthy, friends.