If you’re wondering what is steak teriyaki, you’ve come to the right place. This Asian dish is both flavorful and versatile. In addition to being delicious on its own, teriyaki beef can be paired with vegetables, rice, and other Asian-inspired dishes. Read on to learn more about this Asian staple. It’s a classic Japanese dish that is sure to please the whole family.
Steak Teriyaki Recipes
- 1 ½ pounds flank or skirt steak Olive oil
- Cooked rice and steamed vegetables for serving.
- ⅓ cup mirin
- ⅓ cup sake
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and transfer it to a shallow container or resealable bag.
- Marinate the steak for one hour to overnight. Keep it chilled, and remove it from the refrigerator an hour before cooking.
- Drain off the marinade into a saucepan. Bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the marinade is reduced to a thin glaze (about 10 minutes).
- To grill, oil the grates and preheat the grill to high heat. Or heat up a large cast-iron pan over high heat.
- Pat the steaks dry and rub evenly with olive oil.
- Sear the meat on the grill or in the pan until one side is well browned (3-5 minutes).
- Flip over to sear the other side, while basting with the teriyaki marinade.
- After cooking the meat to the desired doneness, remove it from the heat.
- Let it rest for 10-15 minutes. Keep the sauce warm.
- After cooling, divide the steak by cutting it thinly along the grain. Slice each half diagonally, this time against the grain, in thin (¼ inch thick) slices.
- Arrange the slices on a serving plate.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over the steak slices and serve over rice and steamed vegetables.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Other ways to making Steak Teriyaki
Basically, steak teriyaki is grilled beef that is covered with teriyaki sauce and grilled. It’s a delicious combination of two things: the grill and the sauce. The steak is grilled on a hot grill, and the sauce is drizzled over it as it cooks. The perfect cut of beef for a teriyaki is the hanger, as the meat is magically tender and flavorful.
The sauce is made by first making a simple mixture of ginger and garlic. Then, combine the two with soy sauce. When the steak is done, it is glazed with the teriyaki glaze and grilled. The marinade can be poured over the steak before cooking it, but it’s recommended to rest it for about ten minutes before serving it. This will allow the internal temperature to balance and the muscle fibers to relax, which prevents the steak from leaking juices when you slice it.
When cooking a teriyaki steak, it is best to cut the meat into thin slices, which will keep it tender and flavorful. Use a sharp knife to slice the steaks, and be sure to hold the blade at a 45 degree angle. The pineapple also adds a fresher flavor. The sauce itself can be prepared in advance, but if you want to experiment, you can even make it the day before cooking.
Tips for making Steak Teriyaki
The sauce is best served over rice. You can also serve steaks whole or cut against the grain into 1/2-inch slices. You can also serve the steaks with mushrooms, shallots, and scallions. Then, serve them with the rest of the teriyaki sauce. It is also a great meal for a party. Make it a meal by following the instructions below. You can make this dish for as many people as you want.
The marinade is made with just a few ingredients. You’ll need sake, mirin, and dark soy sauce. The sake will help the sauce release the juices in the pan. The dark soy sauce is less salty than regular soy sauce. Then, you can add the remaining ingredients to the marinade. Stir the mixture together, and serve immediately. Afterwards, you’ll be able to enjoy steak that is a meal by itself.
When making a teriyaki sauce, you should first prepare the steaks. You should use 200g each of New York Striploin or comparable steaks. Next, prepare the teriyaki sauce by mixing brown sugar with pineapple juice, garlic, and soy sauce. Combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Allow the mixture to simmer for at least an hour. It can be marinated overnight if you prefer.
Start by marinating the steak. Then, season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper to make sure it absorbs all the juices. Then, heat up one tablespoon of oil in a skillet and add the mushrooms, shallots, and mushrooms. Remove the steaks and let them cool. Meanwhile, you can make the teriyaki sauce. Then, simply serve it with the rest of the sauce.
When cooking steaks, you should season them on both sides to draw out the juices from the meat. You should add a small amount of oil to a pan and saute mushrooms and shallots. When the steak is done, it should be plated. Pour on the teriyaki sauce and add the mirin. The sauce will be less salty than the regular soy sauce. You should wait for the sauce to thicken up.
The steak should be seasoned on both sides to bring out the juices. Then, add the mushrooms and shallot to the pan. Then, pour the teriyaki sauce over the steaks. Then, cook the steaks until they are done. After the meat has been grilled, you can use the marinade to reheat the steaks. In the meantime, you can serve the leftover marinade with the steaks.
FoodandMeal website is happy to accompany you on a tour of culinary cultures around the world. Feel free to ask us anything about the recipes because all your kind comments give us the chance to improve our site.