This Cranberry Vanilla Coffee Cake has a beautiful balance of flavors from the sweetness of the vanilla sugar, and the tartness of the cranberries. The crumb is delicate and buttery. A perfect way to end a fall meal.
Cranberry Vanilla Coffee Cake Recipes
Cranberry Vanilla Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in middle.
- Generously butter a 9- by 2-inch round cake pan. Line bottom with a round of parchment paper and butter parchment.
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into a food processor with tip of a paring knife (reserve pod for another use if desired). Add sugar and pulse to combine. Transfer to a bowl.
- Pulse cranberries with 1/2 cup vanilla sugar in processor until finely chopped (do not purée).
- Whisk together 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat together 1 stick butter and 1 cup vanilla sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down side and bottom of bowl.
- Reduce speed to low and mix in flour mixture and milk alternately in batches, beginning and ending with flour,until just combined.
- Spread half of batter in pan, then spoon cranberries over it, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edge. Top with remaining batter and smooth top.
- Blend remaining 1/4 cup vanilla sugar with remaining tablespoon each of butter and flour using your fingertips. Crumble over top of cake.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted into cake (not into cranberry filling) comes out clean and side begins to pull away from pan, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool in pan 30minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely, crumb side up.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Other Coffee Cake Recipes
Trying a recipe like this one is easy. All you need to prepare a batch of cranberry oat scones is a 375 degree F oven and a parchment-lined baking sheet. To start, you’ll need to cut butter into small pieces with a pastry blender or two knives. Then, you’ll need to combine powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, and milk. Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
Whether you’re looking for a sweet treat to eat for breakfast or dessert, a scrumptious batch of cranberry-oat scones and a creamy coffee cake are the perfect way to celebrate the holiday season. Unlike other baked goods, scones can be stored for up to four days at room temperature. One batch makes about 10 pastries. To make this recipe more convenient, you can freeze half of the batter.
For a deliciously sweet alternative to chocolate cookies, try these soft cranberry orange cookies. Simply soak dried cranberries in orange juice and use it instead of orange juice. You can also substitute orange zest for the orange juice. Once baked, transfer the cookies to an airtight container and freeze for up to three months. To serve warm, sprinkle with powdered sugar. If you’d prefer, you can also eat the soft cranberry orange cookies right away!
To prepare the cookies, you will need the following ingredients: one cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, and a pinch of salt. For the crumble topping, you’ll need two tablespoons of powdered sugar and about one cup of coconut. Next, combine the butter mixture with the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until combined. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes before adding the dried cranberries and crumble topping.
Strawberry-rhubarb coffee cake
This luscious recipe is the perfect combination of spring flavors, from the bright pink rhubarb to the tart tang of lemon. It can be served as a snack cake or as a sweet dish for a Mother’s Day brunch. To make this heavenly treat, you will need a cake pan, a spatula, and a couple of bowls. Start by mixing together the butter, eggs, and sugar in a small bowl. Beat these ingredients together in a mixer on a medium speed. When the batter is ready, remove the bowl from the refrigerator and allow to rest for about 15 minutes before removing it from the oven.
The strawberry-rhubarb coffee cake is delicious served warm or cold. The tangy filling will be oozing out of every slice as the cake cools. Once cooled, serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The flavors of this cake are heavenly together and make it the perfect treat for any day. And since it’s made with seasonal fruits, you can buy frozen rhubarb and use it in this recipe.
Pumpkin coffee cake
There are many ways to make a delicious pumpkin coffee cake at home, but you can make one of your own using a box cake mix, pumpkin, and a brown sugar streusel topping. A pumpkin coffee cake will be moist, dense, and full of fall flavor. It’s a good option if you’re looking for a quick and easy recipe. Just follow these simple steps and enjoy! And remember, pumpkin pie spice is not just for the Thanksgiving table!
To make a delicious pumpkin coffee cake, start by combining the wet and dry ingredients. Mix them well, being careful not to overmix it, because it will make the cake tough. Use a well-greased 8-inch square baking pan, and line it with parchment paper with extra flaps extending 3 inches up the sides. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Want to read more? Don’t hesitate to follow us! And you may have them at no cost. Foodandmeal gives you culinary and cultural trips around the world that you couldn’t find anywhere. Feel free to accompany us so that all the cooking secrets and techniques are in your hands.