Cake customization is one of the latest trends we can see almost everywhere. They are made for special occasions for people who may mean special to us. For instance, when your favorite football league wins the game, you may feel like celebrating and there is a cake just fine for this occasion — football shaped cake.
You need to prepare the ingredients and tools for your cake- making.
- A box of cake mix ( pick your favorite flavor)
- Round pan, 10-inch in diameter
- Chocolate frosting
- Vanilla frosting, half cup only
- Coconut flakes
- Green food coloring
- Pastry bag
- Clean dish towel (optional)
- Icing tip, round tip and No. 3
- Basket weave tip
- Football Shaped Cake
- Following the procedure in the box, do the mix for your cake. Grease your 10-inch round pan and put the cake mixture.
- Bake the cake mixture and let it cool for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Get the cake out of the pan but using a knife to carve around the edges. From the middle of the cake, cut a two-inch strip of the cake and set it aside. This step enables you to have the football shape you desire to have.
- Get your chocolate frosting and smear it on your cake. If your want to add texture to your cake frosting, use a clean towel and gently press it onto the frosting.
- For white frosting design, get your pastry bag and no.3 round icing tip, then raw laces of the football. Use a basket weave tip to get your stripes of your football shaped cake.
- In a bowl, incorporate coconut flakes and 5 drops of green food coloring. Mix until the green coloring is even.
- Arrange the green coconut flakes on a shallow bowl to make it look like grass and put your cake at the middle of the bowl.