There’s something about the fiery allure of buffalo sauce that’s downright irresistible. It’s that perfect balance of spicy and tangy that makes you crave more with every bite. Today, I’m letting you in on a little secret – how to transform ordinary chicken into a Glazed Buffalo Chicken masterpiece that’ll leave you and your guests begging for seconds. Get your taste buds ready for a flavor explosion!
Glazed Buffalo Chicken Tenders Recipe
Glazed Buffalo Chicken Tenders with Butter Spread
- Glazed Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- First things first: you have to season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Get a large skillet and put it over medium heat and then add the butter spread. Wait until the butter spread is all melting and sizzling.
- You can then add the chicken and cook it for about 4-5 minutes per side. It should have the golden brown hue to know that it’s already okay.
- Lower the head and add the hot sauce and a tablespoon of paprika. Flip onto the other side and sprinkle it again with the same amount of papria.
- Gently toss the chicken so it will be coated evenly with sauce. Turn the heat into medium-low and cook the chicken for another 10 minutes. Flip it occasionally to distribute the sauce and so it will be cooked evenly.
- Serve the chicken tenders with your choice of dip.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Oven-Baked Glazed Buffalo Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green onions and sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the Oven: Begin by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C). While it’s heating up, take a moment to line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Prepare the Chicken: Season the chicken thighs with a pinch of salt and pepper. This simple seasoning will enhance the flavor of the chicken while allowing the buffalo sauce to shine.
- Create the Glaze: In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the buffalo sauce, honey, and butter. Stir well to ensure the butter is fully melted and the ingredients are nicely combined. This glaze is where the magic happens – it’s the perfect blend of spicy and sweet.
- Coat the Chicken: Place the chicken thighs on the prepared baking sheet. Using a basting brush or a spoon, generously coat each piece with the glaze. Don’t be shy; let the glaze drip down the sides for that extra burst of flavor.
- Bake to Perfection: Slide the baking sheet into the preheated oven. Let the chicken bake for about 25-30 minutes. The glaze will caramelize beautifully, creating a glossy, mouthwatering finish.
- Check for Doneness: To ensure the chicken is perfectly cooked, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. You’re looking for 165°F (74°C), which ensures that your chicken is safe and wonderfully tender.
- Garnish and Serve: As the chicken emerges from the oven, it’s time for the finishing touches. Sprinkle some chopped green onions and sesame seeds over the top for a delightful visual and textural contrast.
- Time to Indulge: Plate up your Oven-Baked Glazed Buffalo Chicken and get ready for a flavor explosion. Each bite is a harmonious blend of heat, sweetness, and succulent chicken goodness.
Tips for making Glazed Buffalo Chicken
Recommend Sides and Garnishes:
- Blue Cheese Dip: The classic pairing for buffalo flavors. Whip up a creamy blue cheese dip for dipping your chicken. The cool and tangy dip complements the heat of the buffalo sauce.
- Celery and Carrot Sticks: For a refreshing crunch and a touch of healthiness, serve some celery and carrot sticks on the side. They provide a lovely contrast to the spicy chicken.
- Ranch Dressing: If blue cheese isn’t your thing, ranch dressing works beautifully as a dipping sauce too. Its creamy, mild flavors balance the heat.
Different Ways to Serve:
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich: Slice the oven-baked Glazed Buffalo Chicken and place it inside a fresh roll with lettuce and tomato. Drizzle with extra buffalo sauce and enjoy a buffalo chicken sandwich.
- Buffalo Chicken Salad: Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and toss them in a salad with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and a drizzle of ranch dressing.
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos: Get creative by making buffalo chicken tacos. Fill soft taco shells with sliced chicken, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and a sprinkle of crumbled blue cheese.
Offer Tips and Tricks:
- Thighs for Moisture: If you opt for chicken thighs, you’re in for a juicier experience. They have a slightly higher fat content, which keeps the meat moist during baking.
- Basting for Flavor: While baking, don’t hesitate to baste the chicken with more glaze every 10-15 minutes. This builds up layers of flavor and that irresistible glossy finish.
- Use a Thermometer: To guarantee your chicken is cooked to perfection, invest in a meat thermometer. It’s the secret to ensuring it’s neither undercooked nor overcooked.
Common Mistakes to Avoid:
- Overcooking: Be cautious not to overcook the chicken, as it can become dry. Use a thermometer to check for doneness.
- Saucing Too Early: Brushing the chicken with the buffalo glaze too early in the cooking process can cause it to burn. Wait until the last 10-15 minutes to apply the glaze.
- Skipping Rest Time: Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes after baking. This lets the juices redistribute, ensuring a moist and flavorful result.
FAQs of Glazed Buffalo Chicken
- Can I Use Chicken Breasts Instead of Thighs?Absolutely! While thighs are known for their juiciness, chicken breasts work well too. Just be mindful of cooking time to prevent them from drying out.
- How Do I Store Leftovers?To store leftover Glazed Buffalo Chicken, place it in an airtight container and refrigerate. It will stay delicious for up to 3 days. To reheat, use the oven or microwave for best results.
- Can I Make it Less Spicy?Certainly. Adjust the heat level by using a milder buffalo sauce or reducing the amount of buffalo sauce in the glaze. You can always balance it with a touch more honey.
- What Can I Substitute for Butter?If you prefer a butter substitute, try using olive oil or margarine. It will still add that richness to the glaze.
- Can I Freeze Glazed Buffalo Chicken?While it’s best enjoyed fresh, you can freeze it. Place cooled chicken in an airtight container or freezer bag, removing as much air as possible. It can be frozen for up to 2-3 months. Thaw in the fridge before reheating.
Elevate your dinner with our Glazed Buffalo Chicken recipe – a spicy delight that’s hard to resist. Share this mouthwatering recipe and subscribe for more culinary inspiration.
Experience the culinary brilliance of Chef John at Food And Meal Restaurant. With over 20 years of global expertise, My innovative creations and unwavering dedication to cooking have earned me a well-deserved reputation. My passion for gastronomy is showcased in every dish, combining fresh, local ingredients with harmonious flavors and captivating presentations. My ability to tell a story through my food reflects my profound understanding of culture and emotion.