One classic dish that’s also an all-time favourite and an easy recipe recommended for the always-on-the-go moms is the egg salad. You can partner this up with bread or simply fold lettuce leaves around it.
Egg Salad Recipe
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. dill
- 1 tsp. relish
- ½ cup onion chopped (or ½ tsp. of onion salt/ ½ cup of chopped chives)
- 2 stalks of celery
- Mustard optional
- Lemon juice optional
- Lettuce for serving
- Bread for serving
- Put half a dozen eggs in a medium-sized saucepan and cover them with cool water. Make sure that the water reaches ½ – 1 inch above the eggs.
- Sprinkle the water with a dash of salt and cover saucepan with a lid.
- Bring the water into a boil over a medium or medium-high flame.
- Turn off your stove and let the eggs sit inside the saucepan for another 7 minutes. Do not take off the lid just yet.
- Take a bowl big enough to fit in the eggs and cover them again with ice water.
- Submerge the eggs into the cold water for another 3-5 minutes.
- Crack the eggs and put them into another medium-sized bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise or the Greek yoghurt for a healthier option. Alternatively, you can use 1 tbsp. of mayo and 1 tbsp. of the yoghurt.
- Mash the eggs with a fork and add seasonings.
TIME & Serving
- If you want a salad without bread, prepare a bed of washed lettuce. Spoon the salad onto the lettuce and serve (makes 4 servings).
- If you want the egg salad for a sandwich, toast 2 pieces of bread. Smear butter onto the bread and spoon the egg salad. Cut the sandwich in half and serve with your favourite beverage.
- Egg Salad Sandwich
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
- Read more: healthy salad recipe
Tips for making Egg Salad
There are several ways to make Egg Salad. Typically, it is made with hard-boiled eggs, mustard, celery, and mayonnaise. You can also add chopped hard-boiled and scrambled vegetables and other ingredients. However, the best way to make it is with your favorite recipes. If you are having trouble figuring out what to add to your egg salad, try one of these ideas. If you have tried this recipe, you might want to add a few more ingredients to it to get the perfect consistency.
You may use a mix of prepared and homemade egg salad. The ingredients should be fresh and delicious. For example, it is recommended to use hard-boiled eggs and mayonnaise. To make this recipe, you should cut a few celery sticks and chop them finely. You can also add some slices of cheese, if desired. In addition to the ingredients you will need a bowl or microwave. You should chill the salad before serving.
Once you have chopped the vegetables and herbs, you can make your own egg salad. You can use a crockpot or microwave. You can even cook the eggs in a pressure cooker. This will allow you to cook them quickly, so they won’t break. After the eggs have cooked, you should prepare the dressing. Once you’ve prepared the mixture, mix in the Worcestershire sauce and chopped celery. Then, fold in the mayonnaise.
- Discover: How to make Egg Rolls with Coleslaw Mix
You can also add herbs to your egg salad. You can also add spices like hot sauce or horseradish. Lastly, you can serve it as a dip. If you want to make a sandwich, wrap a slice of bread with it and enjoy the tangy flavor. It’s a great meal to make on a hot day. You can make delicious Egg Salad in a pinch. You’ll want to add a side of garlic and some pepper, if you’re feeling adventurous.
You can also add extra herbs like basil and parsley if you prefer. The best egg salad is not too creamy, but chunky. The yolks and whites should be separated. In addition to these, it should contain a rich, creamy dressing. If you are planning to make a sandwich, you should include a slice of bread. The eggs should be cooled down, but not mashed. In the same way, the mayonnaise should be chilled.
When preparing a sandwich, make sure you use the right bread. The best way to prepare egg salad is to slice them and place them in a bag. Then, you can serve it as a dip in a bread. The ingredients for the egg salad can vary, but the basic ingredients are essential. You should not forget to season them according to your taste. You can also add a slice of bread with extra mustard and a few drops of mayonnaise.
To make a classic egg salad, you should combine mashed eggs and mayonnaise. To make it more interesting, you can add diced celery and add some sliced green onions. In addition to these ingredients, you should add diced celery and chives. This salad will be perfect for an Easter celebration. The ingredients are not complicated. Just choose the ones that you like. Once you have the right ingredients, you can prepare the egg salad.
Thanks for your visiting our FoodandMeal website. Like and share this recipe if it is useful for you.