Are you a vegan, vegetarian or one who’s bored of eating pizzas the usual way? Are you now looking for a new flavor? If that’s the case, you might want to try cooking this simple recipe. Just as its name suggests, tofu pizza uses tofu instead of meat and sausages.
Tofu Pizza Recipe
- Read more: homemade bread recipes
Sweet and Spicy Tofu Pizza
- 1 whole pack Pizza Dough
- 1 packet Extra-firm Tofu or Paneer
- 2 cups Pineapple Salsa
- 2 cups Low-fat Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- ¾ cup Sweet and Sour sauce
- 1 cup Gouda or Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 2 pcs. Medium onions thinly sliced
- simple Sweet and Spicy Tofu Pizza
For the Jerk Sauce
- 2 – 3 pcs. Red Chili or Habanero pepper
- 1 pc. Ginger small
- 2 pcs. Garlic Cloves small
- 3 pcs. Green onion stalks chopped
- 1 ½ tsp. Tomato puree
- 2 tsps. Roasted Cumin seeds crushed
- 1 tsp. Black peppercorns coarsely crushed
- 2– 3 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp. All-spice
- 2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Prepare the tofu first by slicing it into small cubes and cooking it in an oil-greased pan until it turns light brown in color before setting it aside.
- Using a blender or food processor, grind the habaneros along with tomato puree until it becomes a thick paste. Cook the paste by heating it in a pan along with some oil for one minute. After that, mix the rest of the jerk sauce ingredients and cook until the sauce becomes thick. Add tofu and mix until everything is well-blended.
- Next, prepare the pizza dough by setting it on top of a baking tray before poking some holes in its base by means of a fork. Spread the jerk sauce in its base before sprinkling it with some gouda cheese. After that, add the pineapple salsa, jerk tofu and mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer the pizza in the oven preheated 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake it for at least 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese bubbles and becomes fully-melted. Remove from oven and slice using a pizza slicer before serving.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
For a delicious vegan pizza, you need to marinate your tofu before using it. Tofu is not a soft, melty vegetable, so marinating is essential to ensure that your pizza tastes and looks delicious. In this recipe, you will use a sriracha bbq sauce to flavor the tofu. You can also use other vegan substitutes such as red pepper flakes or kale.
Tofu is a simple protein-rich ingredient that is easily substituted in any other pizza. If you don’t like tofu, you can use chickpeas or marinara sauce instead. If you’re trying to find a new way to eat Asian food, try this sweet and spicy tofu pizza. With so many options available, it’s easy to find a vegan pizza for your family.