Aloo in India means “potato” while tikki is defined as “cutlet or croquette.” This snack is very popular in the streets of India. However, if you crave to do a twist with aloo tikki Burger, making it a patty in a burger can bring your taste buds into a whole new ride of experience.
Aloo Tikki Burger Recipe
Potato Burger or Aloo Tikki Burger
Tikkis (or patties):
- Boil both potatoes and peas and mash them. Putting the olive oil and bread crumbs aside, mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Create patties in ratio with the size of the buns you have.
- Get the bread crumbs and pour them into a plate. Coat every patty with the bread crumbs, gently pressing each as to make the crumbs stick to the patty.
- You can toast the bun if you want or skip this process.
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently place the tikki (or tikkis). Fry until it achieves the golden brown shade. You can drizzle some oil on top of the bun if the oil is not enough. Flip carefully and let the other side attain the golden brown shade, too.
- When the tikki is nearly finished, put a slice of cheese on top of it. Let the cheese melt slightly over the hot patty.
- Get you buns then proceed into smearing the bottom half with mayonnaise and ketchup. Put one lettuce leaf above the sauce and place the patty above the leaf.
- Top it off tomato and onion rings.
- Close the burger with the top half of the bun and serve.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Tips for making Aloo Tikki Burger
A classic Aloo Tikki Burger is a veggie burger made with spiced potato patties and topped with eggless mayo. This tasty burger is ideal for lunch boxes or a quick meal. It also makes a great lunch or dinner sandwich for leftovers. If you have leftovers, you can eat them cold, too! You can easily make an Aloo tikki Burger with rice flour.
The Aloo Tikki Burger can be served for lunch or dinner. It is a healthy vegetarian dish and a delicious vegetarian option. The Aloo Tikki Burger is a great lunch or dinner option. It can also be used as a vegetarian burger at home. Aside from being delicious, the Aloo tikki Burger is also healthy and vegan. You can eat it at any time and enjoy it with your family.
To assemble an Aloo Tikki Burger, toast burger buns and place the patty on top of the buns. Use a plastic spatula to lift and flip the patty until golden. The patties should not be overcooked. Prepare two hamburger buns by cutting each half in half and placing them on a hot non-stick pan. Toast the burger buns on both sides. Add the Aloo Tikki patty and the cheese slice to the bottom bun. Then, add the sliced tomatoes and pickled jalapeno to the patty.
If you are looking for an exotic, vegetarian burger that can be served anytime, the Aloo Tikki Burger is a must-have in any household. It is a delicious American-Indian fusion food that tastes as authentic as it does in India. The Aloo tikki Burger is great for lunch or dinner – and it’s vegetarian, too! It is easy to prepare, and is a healthy, delicious option for lunch.