Kalmi Kabab comes from two separate words, Kalmi which literally means ‘frying’ and Kabab meaning ‘stick’. As a whole, it literally means frying meat on a stick.Depending on what you desire, you can either use chicken breast or mutton pieces in cooking Kalmi Kabab. Keep in mind, though that the secret in preparing delicious and juicy Kalmi Kabab lies in the marinating process and baking time of the dish. It means that the longer the time you marinate and bake the Kalmi Kabab, the juicier and more delicious it turns out.
Kalmi Kabab Recipe
- Prepare Kalmi Kabab
- Soak the wooden skewers first for at least 2 to 3 hours. This will prevent the skewers from burning during cooking. Cut the chicken or mutton pieces then set it aside.
- Take ¼ teaspoon of Powdered Potli Masala. Next, dry roast besan in a kadai until it turns light brown.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the spices by mixing the roasted cumin seeds along with coriander, nutmeg and masala powders before setting it aside.
- Prepare the marinade in a large bowl by adding and mixing all of the ingredients one by one except the egg, besan and spices.
- Add the dry spices and salt according to your taste before adding the egg and besan then mix it well until no lumps are formed.
- Put the already-cut chicken or mutton pieces in the marinade and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least four hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit and brush the grills with some oil. Skew the marinated chicken or mutton pieces before placing it there. Bake for at least 20-25 minutes, turning the Kabab once the bottom part turns brown.
- Brush with some butter and grill for another two minutes before serving.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Tips for making Kalmi Kabab
To make a delicious kalmi kabab, marinate the chicken for a long time in yogurt. The kebab should be marinated for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator and should be roasted till golden brown. Then, a layer of aluminum foil should be placed on top of the chicken. The chicken should be covered with the aluminum foil to prevent it from drying up. In the end, the kababs should be brushed with butter and served with chutney.
After the meat has been marinated, it is ready for cooking. For an authentic kalmi kebab, the femur bone (on the upper thigh) is used. A thick yoghurt, which is sometimes called hung curd, is used as the marinade. The drumstick is removed and the thigh bone is used for the kebab. The kalmi kabab masala is rich and creamy, and it is perfect for kitty parties or cocktail parties.
The chicken is usually marinated in yogurt and other spices. This step gives the kababs a light, juicy flavor. The chicken kebabs can be baked or broiled. To get the right color, add a few slices of onion to the dish and serve with mint leaves. A side dish is served with onion rings and some lemon slices. While a simple dinner with your family and friends, the flavors of the kababs make them a treat for guests!
About the Ingredients
The chicken is marinated for four hours in the refrigerator before grilling. You can also marinate it overnight in the refrigerator. The chicken should be at room temperature before cooking. To preserve the moisture, it should be flipped every few minutes. The chicken should be grilled on the stovetop for a few minutes and then flipped over. For a better flavor, allow the chicken to marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
The chicken should be washed and patted dry. If it is too thick, marinating it longer may produce a moist texture. The chicken should also be prick in a few places before grilling. The chicken should be thoroughly cooked. It should be medium-rare to medium-rare. The meat should be tender but not overcooked. Once the chicken is done, marinate the remaining chicken pieces for two hours to allow the juices to soak into the kebab batter.
Thanks for your visiting our Food And Meal site. Like and share this recipe if it is beneficial for you.