South African Butternut Soup easy recipe
South African Butternut Soup - An enjoyable for people coming from South Africa. This dish is usually served in everyone, young or old. Hope you enjoy this dish.Print Pin Rate
Calories: 315.44kcalAdd to CollectionGo to Collections
- 250 ml water
- 2 kg butternut squash
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- 3 medium onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 250 ml fresh pouring cream
- 500 ml chicken broth
- 5 green chilies
- 1½ tbsp butter
- Peel, scrape out the pips and cut the butternuts into square pieces of approx. 5 cm.
- Roast the butternut in the oven for 40-50 minutes until it is soft and slightly caramelized around the edges.
- Peel and finely chop the onions and dice the garlic.
- Cut the green pepper or jalapeño pepper in half and scrape off all the seeds and chop finely.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and add the garlic, onions, and peppers to it. Cook until the onions are tender and translucent.
- Add the chicken broth and lemon juice and stir thoroughly until everything is well mixed.
- Add the roasted butternut cubes and water and cook for 1 hour for the ingredients to blend well and the soup to thicken.
- Liquefy with a food processor.
- Serve hot.
- Before serving, place a spoon or two of cream in the center of each bowl.
Share by Email Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
THE NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF BUTTERNUT
- 1. Prevents high blood pressure
2. Prevents constipation
3. Improves eyesight
4. Keeps bones strong
5. Protects your skin
6. Boosts immune function
7. Reduces inflammation
8. Aids in weight loss
Serving: 6g | Calories: 315.44kcal | Carbohydrates: 40.8g | Protein: 6.7g | Fat: 16.4g | Saturated Fat: 9.8g | Cholesterol: 54.8mg | Sodium: 167.3mg | Fiber: 6.2g | Sugar: 10.2g
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.