How to cook Chicken Briyani - 18 easy steps
how to cook chicken briyaniPrint Pin Rate
Calories: 617kcalAdd to CollectionGo to Collections
- ½ KG of Chicken
- 1 cup of yogurt
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ½ tablespoon of red chili pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of coriander powder
- Ginger garlic paste you can get this by crushing or grating ginger and garlic together. Then, mix with water
- Chopped green chili
- I large onion sliced
- 2 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- Chopped 2 tablespoons of fresh coriander
- 1 cup fried onion
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 ½ liters of water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Cloves 4-5
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 leaf of star anis
- 2 leaves of green cardamom
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 500 g of rice
- 5-6 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds
- 1. Wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes
- 2. Put the chicken in a big bowl.
- 3. Add the yogurt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, coriander powder, ginger-garlic paste, chopped green chili, sliced onion, chopped mint leaves, chopped fresh coriander, and fried onions to the chicken. Mix them all together properly.
- 4. Pour the lemon juice to the chicken and mix thoroughly. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
- 5. Pour water into a pot. Then, add the cinnamon stick, cloves, black peppercorns, star anise, green cardamom, bay leaves, salt, and vinegar to the water.
- 6. Bring it to boil.
- 7. Add the soaked rice to the water and stir.
- 8. Boil until it is ¾ done. i.e 8-10 minutes. (It should be able to break when pressed firmly with fingers. Leave slightly undercooked).
- 9. Strain through a sieve and set aside.
- 10. Add cooking oil to a pot and let it heat up. Add the cumin seeds to it and stir.
- 11. Pour the marinated chicken to the oil and mix well for 2-5 minutes. Cover the pot and cook on low flame for 10-12 minutes. Then cook on high flame until the oil separates from the chicken.
- 12. Remove some chicken from the pot for layering.
- 13. Add some of the boiled rice to the remaining chicken in the pot. Then, pour the reserved korma on top of the rice.
- 14. Add fresh coriander, mint leaves, and fried onions to it. Pour the remaining rice into the pot.
- 15. Mix ½ tablespoon of yellow food and 2-3 tablespoons of water together and pour on top of the rice.
- 16. Cover the pot and steam cook on low flame for 8-10 minutes.
- 17. Turn fairly well and bring the pot down.
- 18. Serve hot.
Share by Email Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
Serving: 4g | Calories: 617kcal | Carbohydrates: 83g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 12g | Sugar: 19g
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.