How to make BOBOTIE - 12 easy steps
How to make Bobotie Bobotie, South Africa’s rich, heady, and sublimely comforting national dish is my treat in today’s meal.Print Pin Rate
Calories: 386kcalAdd to CollectionGo to Collections
- For the burger
- 5 teaspoon of curry powder
- 2 medium onions
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 3 slices of bread
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon of mango chutney
- 3 teaspoon of sultana
- 2 teaspoon raisin
- 6 bay leaves
- Grounded ginger
- Tomato puree
- 3 eggs
- Minced beef
Share by Email Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
- 1. Break the slices of bread into a cooking bowl and pour the
- milk into it. Let the milk get soaked by the bread. Set aside.
- 2. Chop the onions and crush the garlic.
- 3. Put oil in the pot, let it heat up. Then add the onions and
- crushed garlic to it. Stir for a few minutes until the color turns golden brown.
- 4. Add the mango chutney, raisins, and sultanas, cloves, and tomato puree.
- 5. Add your minced meat to the pot. Stir well while crushing the mince into fine-grain until the color is changed.
- 6. Then, squeeze out the milk from the bread and stir in the soaked bread to the meat. Stir well together. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- 7. Leave to cook slowly for 5 minutes.
- 8. Remove the pot from the fire and pour the meat into a baking dish. Press it down and smoothen the top. Cover the dish with a foil and put it into a preheated oven at 190 degrees. Bake for 25-35 minutes.
- 9. Mix the eggs and remaining milk together with some seasonings. Whisk thoroughly.
- 10. Pour the mixture over the meat and bake for 20 more minutes until it turns golden.
- 11. Bring out to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- 12. The food is ready.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.