Bunny Chow Easy Recipe - South African Curry served inside Bread
In this Bunny Chow easy recipe I will share how to make the South African Curry served inside Bread A simple one, yet delicious for everyone. #FoodAndMeal #bunnychow ##lambcurry #southafricancurry #Curry #southafricancusinePrint Pin Rate
Calories: 428kcalAdd to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Hot chili pepper
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp kashmiri chili powder
- 5 tsp salt
- 25 tsp black pepper.
- 120 ml oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 cm cassia bark
- star anise
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 3 medium onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 10 g ginger
- Curry leaves
- 400-500 g lamb or any other meat such as beef mutton, goat, or rabbit
- Lamb bone optional
- 200 g plum tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- A handful of coriander stalks/leaves
- 100 g potato diced
- Green chilies
- 200-300 g other veggies like green beans and aubergine
- White bread flat bottomed
- Carrot salad
- Chop the onions, garlic cloves, garlic, and green chilies. Peel and dice the potatoes into cubes.
- Add oil in a large pan on medium heat
- Add the bay leaves, cassia bark, star anise and fry for 30- 40 seconds to infuse the oil
- Add the cumin seeds, black mustard seeds, fennel seeds And constantly stir until mustard seeds start popping.
- Add chopped onions and fry for 5 minutes, frequently Stirring until it is translucent and starting to brown.
- Add the chopped garlic cloves and ginger and fry for Further few minutes. Then, add the curry leaves and stir.
- Add all the spices together and constantly stir for a couple Of minutes. If spices start sticking to the pan, add a little water to Compensate.
- Add the meat, in 1-inch chunks, trimmed of any excess Fat. Add some lamb bone to the pot for extra flavor if you have any.
- Coat well with the mixture and fry for 2 more minutes Until the meat is sealed.
- Add the plum tomatoes and tomato ketchup and mix well. Add the coriander stalks/leaves and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the potato, green chilies, and any other vegetable that You have and stir thoroughly for 2 minutes. Then, add 300l water and Stir well.
- Turn down the heat to low, cover and leave to cook for 1½ Hours or until the meat is tender. Stir occasionally.
- Taste and adjust seasoning and add fresh coriander leaves. (you can add more water to your desired consistency if you don't like A thick bunny).
- Remove any bone and sticks.
Share by Email Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
- Take a cube-shaped chunk of flat bottomed bread And cut a cube of the inner bread out using a knife leaving about 1.5- 2cm around the sides and the bottom.
- Cut the removed inner into stripes (optional)
- Ladle the curry into the hole in the bread and top With some carrot salad and the excess bread.
- Don’t worry if it gets messy. It’s supposed to be.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 428kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 445mg
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.