Welcome to my kitchen, where we’re about to embark on a delicious journey of making homemade Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups. If you’re looking for a wholesome and fruity snack, you’re in the right place.
Homemade Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups Recipes
Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups
- Cover a cookie sheet with butter, and cover with parchment paper. Add an extra inch of paper to seal the roll ups once cooked.
- Preheat oven to 200 F.
- In a food processor, puree the strawberries, sugar and lemon mixture.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the strawberry mixture to a boil and keep stirring for about 20-25 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened and reduced in volume. Make sure you keep stirring to prevent burning the puree.
- Once reduced, add a dash of vanilla extract for added flavor.
- Spread the reduced mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet. This will be your fruit roll up wrapper.
- Bake the strawberry mixture for 2h45 minutes, or until the texture is dry but still sticky to the touch (test with a back of a spoon). Cool on a rack.
- Using a sharp knife, divide the fruit leather into 15 strips and roll using the parchment paper.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Alternative Method: Making Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups in the Oven
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the Oven: Start by preheating your oven to the lowest possible temperature. This is typically around 140°F (60°C). If your oven can’t go that low, set it to the lowest temperature and crack the door open slightly.
- Prepare the Strawberries: In a blender or food processor, combine the fresh strawberries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice. Blend until you have a smooth, liquid-like consistency. Taste the mixture and adjust the sugar if needed, depending on the sweetness of your strawberries.
- Line a Baking Sheet: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Make sure it fits comfortably inside your oven.
- Spread the Mixture: Pour the strawberry mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Use a spatula to spread it evenly, ensuring that it’s about 1/8-inch thick.
- Bake Slowly: Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and let the mixture slowly dehydrate. This can take anywhere from 4 to 8 hours, depending on your oven’s temperature and humidity. Check the fruit roll-ups periodically, and when they feel dry to the touch and peel away easily, they’re done.
- Cool and Cut: Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let it cool. Once cooled, carefully peel the fruit roll-up from the parchment paper. Place it on a cutting board and cut it into strips or your desired shapes.
- Roll and Store: Roll each strip individually and store the Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a month. Enjoy your homemade fruity snack!
Tips for making Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups
- Unlocking the Full Flavor: To make the most delicious Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups, start with ripe, sweet strawberries. Their natural sweetness will shine through in the final product. Adjust the sugar content in your strawberry puree according to your taste. Some batches might require more or less sugar.
- Perfectly Even Thickness: When spreading the strawberry mixture onto your dehydrator tray or oven sheet, aim for an even thickness of about 1/8 inch. This ensures uniform drying, resulting in roll-ups that are just the right texture.
- Test for Doneness: Determining when your fruit roll-ups are ready can be a bit tricky. To check, touch the center; it should be slightly tacky but not wet. If it peels away easily from the tray or parchment paper, it’s done.
- Avoiding Sticking: To prevent your roll-ups from sticking, use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Greasing can affect the flavor and texture, so it’s best avoided.
- Prevent Air Bubbles: While spreading the strawberry puree, watch out for air bubbles. Gently tap the tray or sheet to release any trapped air, ensuring a smooth consistency.
- Pair with Cream Cheese: For a delightful contrast, serve your Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups with a side of whipped cream cheese. The creamy, tangy cheese complements the sweet and tart flavors of the roll-ups perfectly.
- Create a Charcuterie Board: Include your homemade fruit roll-ups on a charcuterie board with an assortment of cheeses, crackers, and fresh fruits. They add a burst of color and a sweet touch to the savory elements.
- Add to Breakfast or Dessert: Use your Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups as a garnish for your morning yogurt or oatmeal. They’re also a fantastic topping for ice cream or as a fruity layer in your favorite cake.
- Roll Up with Nut Butter: Spread a layer of your preferred nut butter (peanut, almond, or cashew) on a strip of fruit roll-up and roll it up for a quick and satisfying snack.
Frequently Asked Questions about Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups
- Can I use frozen strawberries for this recipe? Yes, you can use frozen strawberries if fresh ones aren’t available. Just make sure to thaw and drain them before pureeing. Adjust the sugar to taste, as frozen strawberries may be slightly less sweet.
- How do I store leftover Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups? To store any remaining roll-ups, place them in an airtight container or wrap them individually in plastic wrap. Keep them at room temperature for up to a month.
- Can I use other fruits in this recipe? Absolutely! You can experiment with different fruits like blueberries, raspberries, or a combination of your favorites.
- Can I double the recipe? Certainly, you can double or even triple the recipe to make a larger batch. Just ensure you have enough dehydrator trays or oven space.
- Can kids help with this recipe? Yes, this is a great recipe for kids to get involved in the kitchen. They can help wash, hull, and quarter the strawberries, as well as assist with spreading the puree.
Discover the joy of making Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups at home. Perfect for snacking or adding fruity flair to your meals. Try our recipe now!
I'm Tracy F Hilton, a devoted culinary professional shaped by a mix of natural aptitude and refined skills from a top culinary school. In the dynamic kitchen environment, I'm a catalyst for seamless operations and timely, high-quality dish preparation. My culinary creations are a blend of art and skill, offering visually and gustatorily delightful experiences. A learner at heart, I'm continuously honing my craft, embracing new techniques, and culinary innovations. My positive, collaborative nature is amplified in fast-paced settings, showcasing my commitment to team efficiency and guest satisfaction. Each dish I present is a meticulous blend of tradition and innovation, promising an unforgettable dining experience that marries taste, aroma, and aesthetic appeal in perfect harmony. Join me on a gastronomic journey where each bite encapsulates a rich, evolving narrative of flavors and culinary artistry.