Today easy recipe: SOUTH AFRICAN LAMB CURRY.
- Garlic, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric, garam masala, curry, coriander seeds, cinnamon sticks, cardamom seeds, and cumin seeds. (1-2 tablespoon each for the powdered spices)
- Lamb meat
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 onions
- 1 green apple
- Beef stock
Stumbles to serve on the side:
- Season the lamb meat generously with coarse salt and
- Add the olive oil to a pan and let it heat up. Then, add the
meat to it and brown it to seal the juices up. Remove the meat from
the oil after browning.
- Chop the onions and apple and brown them in the oil till
they are golden and caramelized. Set aside.
- Combine all the spices in a bowl and heat them in the pot
until they are fragrant.
- Add the beef stock, tomato pulp, and sugar and bring the
mixture to boil.
- Then add the browned meat and caramelized vegetables to
- Taste and adjust seasoning
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 2 hours. Then, uncover
the curry and cook for an additional 45-60 minutes to thicken the
- Cut the banana, coconut, onion, tomato, and cucumber as
a salad to serve by the side.
- Serve warm.
Keywords: LAMB CURRY