An yummy South African Durban Chicken Curry for food lovers, this dish is popular in everyone, young or old. Hope you enjoy this dish.
#foodandmeal #chickenrecipes #curryrecipes #curry #southafricancuisine #southafricanrecipes
Read more African Recipes
- Cinnamon sticks
- Star aniseed
- Bay leaves
- Curry leaves
- Cumin seeds
- Garam masala
- Cumin powder
- Chili powder
- Ginger and garlic paste
- Sweet potatoes
- Coriander leaves
- Chop up the tomatoes, onions, and leaves.
- Add oil to a pot and let it heat up
- Add onions, thyme, cinnamon sticks, star aniseed, bay leaves, curry leaves, cumin seeds, and stir thoroughly. Allow simmering until the onions are translucent.
- Add garam masala, cumin powder, coriander, turmeric powder, chili powder, ginger, and garlic paste and stir very well. Then, leave to simmer for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and mix well. Then add ¼ of water and stir. Let the tomatoes cook till it melts. Add salt to taste and stir well.
- Add the chicken to the tomato mixture and mix thoroughly. Add little water to it.
- Stir over so often to prevent burning.
- When the chicken is almost cooked, add the peas and potatoes and mix. Let it cook until the potatoes are soft.
- Turn off the heat once the potatoes are soft.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves and serve hot.
Care should be taken to ensure there is enough heat to cook to potatoes through. You will notice they absorb much of the water and become fluffy when ready.
- Category: Main Course, Dinner, Main dishes, Chicken Recipes, Curry Recipes
- Cuisine: South African
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 673
- Fat: 30
- Carbohydrates: 51
- Protein: 52
Keywords: Durban Chicken Curry