Joe’s Stone Crab is a famed restaurant and South Beach institution, that typically sees throngs of tourists coming to sample their famous stone crabs. The wait for a table is not for the faint of heart. They are also famous for their fish dishes and this ginger salmon has been a classic on the Joe’s Stone Crab menu for years. This is their recipe, that you can make at home, to recreate the Joe’e experience. Serve with garlicky green beans and wedges of lemon and lime.
Ginger Salmon Recipes
- 6-8 oz salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sake or sherry
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine dried
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice fresh
- 1 teaspoon ginger fresh minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice fresh
- 2 teaspoons white wine dried
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1/4 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1/3 cup onion minced
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Rinse the salmon fillets and pat dry.
- Cut 2-3 shallow slashes in each skin side, without cutting all the way through.
- Make the marinade: Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Place the salmon, flesh side down, in a shallow non-aluminum dish. Pour in the marinade, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, turning the salmon over once or twice.
- While the salmon is marinating, prepare the sauce: Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar. Add all of the remaining sauce ingredients, and combine until well mixed.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Transfer salmon fillets (discard marinade) to an oven safe pan, pour prepared sauce over the fish and bake for 8 minutes, skin side up. Put the oven on broil, turn the fish fillets to skin side down, and allow the fillets to broil for about 3-4 minutes, or until the tops are glazed and just firm to the touch. Serve with pan juices, and wedges of lemon and lime.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Other ways to making Ginger Salmon
This deliciously saucy salmon can be served as a light meal or as a gourmet main course. The fillets should be cut into four equal portions. Start by separating the thicker end of the salmon fillets. Spread each piece on a baking sheet and drizzle with the ginger glaze. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, until the salmon is flaky and the skin is crisp. To make the ginger glaze thicker, add a tablespoon or two of coconut aminos to the pan.
Prepare the glaze by mixing sesame oil, ginger, and soy sauce. This combination is sweet and sour and will spruce up the salmon perfectly. Once it is done, sprinkle the finished dish with sriracha and enjoy! Once it is done, serve it with a side of roasted broccoli and some sliced red pepper. Then, you can serve it with a side of steamed asparagus.
To prepare the ginger glaze, combine sriracha, sesame oil, and ginger. Pour over the salmon and allow it to sit for about five minutes. After that, top the salmon with green onions and sesame seeds. Your dinner will be a hit! While it may not be your favorite dish, you will still love it for its unique and hearty taste. You can make it as a healthy meal or a sophisticated entrée.
For a delicious meal, you can prepare the ginger glaze with any ingredients that you have on hand. You can use any spices you wish or even season the salmon with salt and pepper. Then, wrap the fish in a piece of tin foil, and bake it for approximately five to ten minutes. For a scrumptious treat, top it with a dollop of honey and serve! You will thank yourself for this meal!
Place the fillets in a gallon-sized zip-top bag or large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and then pour the ginger glaze over the salmon. The ginger glaze should pool around the sides of the fish, making the salmon moist. Then, fold the tin foil over the salmon and seal it into a sealed packet. Then, bake the salmon for 20 minutes. Once the sauce has melted and the salmon is golden, it’s ready to serve.
The ginger glaze can be a star of the meal. To serve the ginger glaze with the salmon, you can serve it as a main dish or add it to a grain bowl. You can also serve it as a side dish. You can also use it as a side dish. You can add it to a salad, soup, or wrap a fish in lettuce cups, or you can cook it on a grill. As long as the salmon is cooked, it will retain its flavor.
To prepare ginger glaze for your salmon, you must prepare the ingredients in advance. The ingredients for the sauce are listed below. You’ll need to prepare the salmon before you start cooking. After the salmon has been marinated overnight, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake until it is fully cooked. When done, serve the salmon with the ginger glaze. You can serve the ginger glaze over other types of fish, too. The spiced glaze will add a unique twist to your fish.
FoodandMeal blog is a website you should not miss if you love to cook. Leave a kind comment below to let us know you’re passionate about cooking! And share this post to let your friends know how you are passionate about cuisine.