Tawa Sabzi or Tava Fried Vegetables are a common buffet menu especially during the marriage season. Depending on your choice, the vegetables are tossed in masala, sprinkled with some chaat then served in hot tawa. You can use any vegetables that are commonly bought and available in the market but vegetables like big mirchis and arbi can also be added in order to make your buffet somewhat, if not very festive.
Tawa Sabzi Recipe
Tawa sabzi is a delicious mix veg recipe that is popular at Indian weddings. It’s an easy, fast and delicious way to cook vegetables. Tawa sabzi can be made with any type of vegetable you choose. Whether you’re preparing it as a starter for a buffet or as a main dish, you’ll love it. If you’re a vegetarian, you can use any type of vegetable.
Tawa Sabzi or Tava Fried Vegetables
- Frying Pan
For the Vegetables
- 5 pcs. Karela or Bitter Gourd
- 15 – 20 pcs. Pearl or regular onions
- 5 pcs. Baigan or Small Eggplant
- 12 pcs. Paneer Sticks
- ½ kg. Bhindi or Okra
- 1 pc. Large Potato
- 2 tbsps. Oil
For Spicy Mix
- 2 tsps. Sukha Dhaniya or Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin Seeds roasted
- 2 tsps. Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp. Pomegranate Seed Powder
- ½ – 1 tsp. Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp. Haldi or Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp. Amchur or Mango Powder
- 1/8 tsp. Eliachi or Cardamom Powder
- 1/8 tsp. Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp. Chaat Masala
- 1 pinch Jaiphel or Nutmeg Powder
- 1 pinch Hing or Asofetadia
- 2 pcs. Medium Onions chopped
- 1 tsp. Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp. Garlic Paste
- ¼ cup Yogurt beaten
- 3 pcs. Large Tomatoes pureed
- ¼ – ½ cup All-purpose Cream optional
- 1 tsp. Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp. Kasoori Methi or Fenugreek Leaves dried
- 2 tbsps. Oil or Ghee
- ½ cup Curd and salt mixture for Karela Marinade
- How to Make Tawa Sabzi or Tava Fried Vegetables
- Prepare the vegetables first by cleaning the Karela or bitter gourds. Slit it lengthwise then toss it in curd and salt mixture before refrigerating it for 30 minutes. Clean, wash and cut the okra lengthwise in half then bake it in an oven heated at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until it becomes crispy. Also clean, wash and cut the rest of the vegetables and slice the paneer.
- Grease and heat the kadai then fry the vegetables one by one starting with paneer, and then the onions, potato, baigan then the marinated okra until all are cooked before setting it aside.
- Prepare the dry spices by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl, mixing it well before setting it aside.
- Prepare the Masala by adding cumin seeds in an oil-heated pan. When it starts to sizzle, put the garlic and ginger paste, sauté for a minute then add the onions. When the onions are cooked, add the tomato puree and let it evaporate. Add the curd and the spices, mixing it until everything is well-blended. Add some salt, cream and some water to keep the masala moist. Add Kasoori methi and adjust the taste before mixing the vegetables. Spread on hot tawa and serve.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Tips for making Tawa Sabzi Masala
Once the vegetables have been cut, place them on a large plate and spread them out. Mix the veggies, spices, and marinade together and keep them separate. When serving, microwave the sauce to reheat. You can serve the Tawa sabzi as a starter or with chapatis or parathas. You can also add a little yogurt or chutney to taste. It is a delicious, healthy dish that everyone loves!
To make Tawa sabzi, start by frying just a few vegetables. Once they’re done, separate them and store them in separate containers. You can keep them separately and then brown them together. When you’re ready to serve the Tawa sabzi, you can heat the sauce and add it to the vegetables when you’re ready to serve them. It’s a great way to prepare vegetarian meals.
Tawa sabzi Masala can be prepared in a variety of ways. You can use a griddle to cook the vegetables, and you can use a wok to stir fry the vegetables. To make the Tawa sabzi with a variety of vegetables, make sure to use a griddle with high sides. Using a wok allows you to keep the vegetables separate. You can also serve the Tawa sabzi with chapatis or parathas.
FoodandMeal blogis a website you should not miss if you love to cook. Leave a kind comment below to let us know you’re passionate about cooking! And share this post to let your friends know how you are passionate about cuisine.