Moroccan Lentil salad is a delicious, protein-packed vegetarian meal prep. This salad is made with green lentils and cloves, plus small onions, olive oil, dried mint, and lemon juice. This vegetarian dish is a breeze to prepare and can be kept in the fridge for a week or two. It is also great as a lunch box item. This recipe is perfect for any time you want to pack a light lunch, but you don’t have to give up all of your favorite foods.
Moroccan Lentil Salad Recipe
Moroccan Lentil Salad
- Select the lentils to remove the stones and rinse well.
- Place the cloves in half an onion.
- Combine the lentils, ½ onion and the cloves in a large skillet.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Lower the heat and uncover and simmer until the lentils are tender (about 20 minutes).
- Throw away the onion with the cloves.
- Drain the lentils and let them cool slightly.
- Combine lemon juice, mint, olive oil, cumin, salt, cilantro, and garlic in a bowl.
- Add the lentils and stir to mix.
- Chop the remaining halves of the onion and add them to the lentils with the roasted peppers.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to blend well.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
- You might also like: Amish Macaroni Salad Easy Recipe – Low Potassium Foods
Lentil salads should be served cold. This will prevent the lentils from cooking the other ingredients and will result in a less crunchy salad. It is best served cold, but it will keep well in the fridge for up to a week. Lentil salads can be stored for up to a week. The dressing can be stored in the refrigerator. This delicious vegetarian dish can be enjoyed any time of the year. This recipe is a great way to incorporate lentils into your diet.