Oyakodon is a dish made with chicken and a spicing mix, and is a classic Japanese comfort food. It is also very easy to make and can be a great meal for a crowd. All you need is a rice cooker and a tacook cooking plate. The synchronized cooking of a steamed rice bed will make oyakodon taste delicious. You will be amazed at how quick and easy this delicious meal is to make.
Oyakodon Egg Rice Bowl Recipes
- 10 ounces boneless chicken thighs skin on
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 3 scallions cut in half
- 1 large egg beaten just to break the yolk
- ½ cup dashi or chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey or 2 teaspoons sugar + 1 teaspoon water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set it aside.
- Season the chicken evenly with ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Place the chicken pieces on an unheated flat-bottomed pan.
- Place the pan on the stovetop (do not turn on the heat yet) and weigh down the chicken pieces by placing another heavy pan (or a pot filled with water) over them to keep them flat.
- Now, turn on the heat to medium. This method allows the chicken to cook evenly and fat to render out. Let the chicken fry until the skin is golden brown (about 7-10 minutes).
- Remove the chicken from the pan and cut it into bite-sized pieces (It may not thoroughly be done at this point).
- Drain any oil from the pan, leaving just a thin coating and any bits from the chicken.
- Return the chicken and its juices to the pan. Add the sake and stir- fry until all the liquid has dried up.
- Add the sauce mixture and bring it to a boil.
- Sprinkle with scallions and pour in the egg.
- Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Let it cook until the egg is of the desired doneness.
- Add the rice evenly in each of the bowls, and serve.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Oyakodon is one of the most popular Japanese dishes, with a history dating back to 1786. It is a rice bowl filled with chicken, eggs, and an umami-rich dashi sauce. It is made in a single pan and is served over steamed rice. It can be made in under 30 minutes and is a great alternative to fast-food options in Japan. In fact, you can make it at home in less than half the time it would take to prepare a McDonald’s burger!
Oyakodon is easy to make and serves a large crowd. It only takes ten minutes to cook and takes a few ingredients. It can be a bit time-consuming, so make sure you have enough time for it. A good thing about oyakodon is that it can be made in your kitchen. You can buy or make dashi stock at your local grocery store. If you’re unsure of whether you can prepare it at home, try to follow these simple instructions.
Oyakodon is a very popular Japanese soup and is easy to prepare. Traditionally, the dish is made with chicken. It takes about 10 to 12 minutes to cook. To make it even more delicious, you should also add sliced onions to it. Upon completion, the dish should be served over freshly boiled white rice. Alternatively, you can use leftover chicken to make Oyakodon. This recipe is fast and easy.
Oyakodon is a classic Japanese meal and a fantastic way to spend a Saturday afternoon. It is fast to make and only requires a few ingredients. Oyakodon is the perfect dinner for a busy day. Oyakodon is a great option when you have a few hours to spare for your family. Using just a few ingredients, this dish can be cooked in as little as 20 minutes.
Food and Meal blog gives you culinary and cultural journeys around the world that you couldn’t find anywhere. Feel free to accompany us so that all the cooking secrets and techniques are to your fingers.