A delicious chocolate chip banana bread with reduced amounts of sugar and fat, but still lots of chocolaty flavor.
A chocolate chip banana bread is a delicious treat for any time of day. The rich flavor of chocolate and banana is enhanced by the addition of browned butter. It’s also studded with semi-sweet chocolate and is scented with cinnamon. The moist, dense bread is a perfect mid-day snack, and is a tasty alternative to the usual banana-based treat. A small slice is ideal for sharing with family and friends.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipes
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup whole spelt flour
- 1/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 cup pecans chopped, optional
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Sift the flours, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter until light and creamy (1-2 minutes).
- Gradually beat in the sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the applesauce.
- On low speed, beat in the mashed bananas and then the eggs (do not worry if the mixture looks curdled).
- Stir in the flour mixture alternately in batches with the hot water until just combined.
- Stir in the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top evenly.
- Bake until well risen and dark golden brown, about 1 hour and 5 minutes. Because this is a very moist bread, a cake tester may not come out clean.
- Remove pan to a wire rack to cool about 1/2 hour, then unfold on to the rack top-side up.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Read more yummy Homemade Bread recipe
Other ways to make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
To make a classic chocolate chip banana bread, start by mashing a banana and adding the eggs and sugar. Then add the oil, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder. Next, sift in the flour and fold in. Fold in about 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Pour the batter into a loaf pan. Top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake for about 50 to 60 minutes, or until the top pulls away from the pan. Let cool in the pan for about 20 minutes before serving.
Then, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, banana, and vanilla. Then, stir in the dry ingredients. Avoid overmixing the batter, as this can result in a tough texture and sinking bread. To make the batter softer and spongier, use the back of a knife. Once the batter is well-mixed, add the chocolate chips.
Combine the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Then, add the banana, egg, and vanilla. Continue to cream the mixture. Add the chocolate chips and bananas. After that, stir in the dry ingredients. Don’t overmix or the bread will be tough and sink. Once the batter is smooth, stir in the chocolate chips. You should be able to remove the toothpick easily. Then, slice the bread and serve!
To make a chocolate chip banana bread, use a large spoon to scoop out the chocolate chips. If desired, add more or less chocolate chips, according to the flavor you want. If you’re baking for a crowd, divide the batter into small portions and serve with coffee or tea. A large loaf of chocolate chip banana bread makes a great treat. A good piece of chocolate chip banana bread is a favorite for any celebration or gathering.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas. Add the rest of the ingredients, including the flour. Afterward, add the chocolate chips, and mix well. If you’re making a large loaf, you’ll need to reduce the amount of sugar to a quarter cup for each loaf. This recipe will make a large loaf. It’s best to buy ripe bananas for this recipe because they are sweeter.