Breakfast is the most essential meal of the day, so they say. Therefore, it’s important that the first meal of the day should have complete nutrition our body needs for work or study.
Our ham, egg and asparagus Egg Muffin Cups recipe can give the health benefits one should have to begin the day. The blessings of spring are perfectly blend in together to make up flavorful and healthy bunch of savory delights.
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup (about 4 oz.) of crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup of thin asparagus, cut into quarter inch pieces
- 1 cup of diced ham
- 1 tsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of kosher salt, divided
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat oven into 350⁰F and slightly grease a standard muffin pan.
- Put skillet over a medium heat and pour olive oil. Saute the asparagus and season with ½ tsp. of salt and a dash of black pepper. Cook for about 4-5 minutes or until the asparagus tenderizes.
- Add the ham and cook for another two minutes.
- Next, allocate portions of the sautéed ham and asparagus among the cups in the muffin tin. Top each with a tablespoon of the crumbled goat cheese.
- Into a large bowl, crack and lightly beat the eggs. You can then add the mustard and what was left of the salt.
- Again, allocate portions of the egg mixture among the muffin cups.
- Bake the muffin mixture for at least 20-25 minutes or until the top is lightly golden brown.
Keywords: Egg Muffin Cups