If you love citrusy bursts found in every bite of a chicken dish, then this orange chicken recipe comes highly recommended. The recipe is reminiscent of Panda Express’ own signature orange chicken recipe dish which is well-loved by their customers.
Read more we recommend chicken recipe
- 2 lbs. of boneless skinless chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp. of salt
- 1 ½ tsp. of white pepper
- 1 tsp. of veggie oil (for frying)
- ½ cup of cornstarch, plus 1 tbsp.
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tbsp. of ginger root, minced
- 1 tsp. of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. of crushed hot red chilli pepper
- ¼ cup of green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of rice wine
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ tsp. of sesame oil
Orange Sauce for Stir Fry
- 1 ½tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp. of water
- 5 tbsp. of sugar
- 5 tbsp. of white vinegar
- Zest of 1 orange
- Prepare the chicken pieces by washing and placing them in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, stir in egg, salt, pepper and a tablespoon of oil and mix well.
- Mix the corn starch and flour together.
- Next, dipone piece of chicken into the egg mixture then coat it with flour mixture. Do this to all of the remaining chicken pieces.
- Get your wok or deep fryer and heat up oil up to 375⁰
- Add the chicken, maintaining small batches at a time and fry them for about 3-4 minutes until they’re golden brown (remember not to over-fry the chicken).
- Place the fried chicken on paper towels to drain excess oil and set aside.
- Clean the wok (or use a saucepan or ordinary skillet) and heat it up for 15 seconds over high temperature.
- Pour 1 tbsp. of oil then add ginger and garlic. Stir-fry until you smell their fragrance which may entail you 10 seconds of the process.
- Add the crushed chillies and chopped green onions.
- Next, add the rice wine and stir for three seconds.
- You can then pour the orange sauce and bring into a boil.
- Add the cooked chicken and stir them well until they’re well mixed.
- Stir water into the remaining tablespoon of corn starch until the mixture becomes smooth. Add this to the chicken and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Finish it with sesame oil and orange zest but these two can be optional, too.
- you may also like this roasted chicken with rice recipe