For a quick and easy Japanese Beef Potato Soup, try Nikujaga, which only takes 20 minutes to prepare. This soup is best served with piping hot sushi rice. This delicious dish is the ultimate comfort food. It’s the perfect dish for a rainy day.
Japanese Beef Potato Soup Recipes
Japanese Beef and Potato Soup
- Blanch snow peas in boiling, very lightly salted water for a minute. Place them in ice water to stop cooking process. Leave them there so they can cool. Drain. Cut diagonally into two to three pieces per pod and set aside for later.
- Peel and then quarter potatoes and carrot. Cut onions into wedges. Slice beef thinly.
- Heat oil at med-high in large sized pan. Cook beef until browned lightly. Add carrot, potatoes and onions. Cook for two or three minutes.
- Add dashi. Cover pan. Cook over med. heat for 12-15 minutes. Don’t stir.
- Mix salt, sake, mirin, soy sauce and sugar in medium bowl. Add to pan. Cook for five to 10 minutes more.
- Remove pan from heat. Allow to sit out for 1/2 hour. Add snow peas. Sprinkle with the spring onions. Serve hot.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Other ways to making Japanese Beef Potato Soup
You can purchase Nikujaga from Japanese grocery stores or restaurants, but it’s best to make it at home. You’ll need snow peas, onion, carrot, and potato. Cut the beef into thin strips, about two inches wide. Place the beef in the broth. Heat the mixture until it is simmering, then add the green vegetables and mix well. Serve with rice or white bread. The soup will keep in the fridge for a day or two.
The first step to making a traditional Japanese Beef Potato Soup is to prepare the ingredients. The meat should be thinly sliced and cut into three pieces, depending on size. Use a large pot and heat the oil over medium heat. Add the beef, potatoes, and dashi, and stir to combine. Pour in enough water to cover the ingredients, and use a fine-mesh skimmer to skim the foam.
This delicious soup is very easy to prepare. All you need to do is boil the noodles and add the soy sauce, sake, and sugar. You can also use sliced pork instead of beef. After this, simply cook the beef in the flavoured broth and serve with white rice. The broth is ready to serve. Often, it’s served with steamed rice and green vegetables. In Eastern Japan, this dish is common in izakayas and other casual Japanese eateries.
When making this soup, don’t forget to add snow peas to the soup. They should be cooked diagonally for a couple of minutes. Then, slice the potato and onion, and add the beef and carrot. Then, simmer for a few minutes until everything is done. This delicious Japanese soup can be enjoyed by anyone, no matter what your diet is. It’s a traditional Japanese meal that will please your taste buds.
Traditionally, nikujaga is made with beef, vegetables, and dashi stock. It’s typically made with soy sauce, rice, and potatoes and is best served with piping hot sushi rice. A typical bowl of nikujaga requires a pot of boiling water. Meanwhile, the beef should be fried until it looks tender. Finally, you’ll need to add sugar and a teaspoon of sake to make the soup flavoured.
Thanks for your visiting our Food And Meal site. Like and share this recipe if it is beneficial for you.