Roasted cauliflower pairs beautifully with toasted pine nuts and Sultana raisins in this flavorful Roasted cauliflower salad. A light Dijon vinaigrette brings acidity to balance the sweetness of the raisins. A delicious starter or side to a Mediterranean inspired meal.
Roasted Cauliflower Salad Recipes
Roasted Cauliflower Salad with pine nuts and raisins
- 2 heads cauliflower chopped into florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup sultana raisins
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- On a large baking sheet, toss the chopped cauliflower florets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes, or until edge begin to brown and the cauliflower has softened.
- Allow to cool.
- Mix the vinaigrette ingredients together, and toss with the cauliflower, toasted pine nuts, and sultana raisins. Serve at room temperature.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Alternative Method: Oven-Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Ensure the oven rack is in the middle position.
- Prepare the Cauliflower: Place the cauliflower florets in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle them with olive oil and season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Toss well to coat the florets evenly.
- Roast the Cauliflower: Spread the seasoned cauliflower florets in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender and slightly caramelized. Be sure to toss the cauliflower halfway through for even roasting.
- Assemble the Salad: Transfer the roasted cauliflower to a serving platter. Sprinkle the sliced red onions, chopped fresh parsley, crumbled feta cheese, and toasted pine nuts over the cauliflower.
- Finish with Lemon Juice: Drizzle the lemon juice evenly over the salad to brighten the flavors. Toss gently to combine all the ingredients.
- Serve and Enjoy: Your Oven-Roasted Cauliflower Salad is ready to delight your taste buds. Serve it warm or at room temperature as a sensational side dish or a hearty main course. Enjoy!
Tips for making Roasted Cauliflower Salad
1. Sidekicks and Complements:
- Pair this salad with grilled chicken, steak, or fish for a complete meal that balances flavors and textures.
- For a vegetarian delight, serve it with a creamy risotto or a quinoa pilaf.
2. Garnish Galore:
- Elevate the visual appeal with a sprinkle of pomegranate arils or microgreens for a pop of color and freshness.
- Consider adding a few lemon zest curls on top for a burst of citrus aroma.
3. Beverage Pairings:
- Match the salad’s roasted flavors with a glass of crisp Chardonnay or a light Pinot Noir.
- Alternatively, opt for a citrus-infused sparkling water for a refreshing non-alcoholic pairing.
4. Multi-Purpose Dish:
- Turn leftovers into a hearty sandwich or wrap filling with a dollop of hummus or tahini sauce.
- Toss any remaining salad with cooked pasta and a touch of olive oil for a quick and delicious pasta salad.
5. Salad Variations:
- Experiment with different types of cheese like goat cheese or blue cheese to add unique savory notes.
- To make it heartier, top the salad with a poached or fried egg for a delightful brunch option.
- Even Sizing Matters:Cut the cauliflower florets into similar sizes to ensure even roasting. This prevents some pieces from being undercooked while others are overcooked.
- Don’t Overcrowd the Pan: Spread the cauliflower out in a single layer on the baking sheet. Overcrowding can cause steaming instead of roasting, resulting in a less desirable texture.
- Patience with Roasting: Allow the cauliflower to roast undisturbed for the first 15 minutes. This encourages caramelization, which adds depth of flavor.
- Dress Just Before Serving: Avoid dressing the salad too early as the cauliflower can become soggy. Wait until just before serving to drizzle on the lemon juice and toss.
- Season Gradually: Season the cauliflower in stages. This ensures that each floret gets a balanced coating of seasoning, resulting in a harmonious flavor profile.
FAQs about Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- Can I prepare the salad ahead of time? Absolutely! You can roast the cauliflower in advance and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Add the remaining ingredients and dressing just before serving.
- Can I use frozen cauliflower for this salad? Fresh cauliflower is recommended for the best texture and flavor. Frozen cauliflower may release excess moisture during roasting, affecting the caramelization.
- How do I store leftovers? Leftover salad can be refrigerated for up to 2 days in an airtight container. For best results, store the dressing separately and toss before serving.
- Can I make this salad vegan? Absolutely! Simply omit the feta cheese or replace it with a dairy-free alternative to keep it vegan-friendly.
- Is there a gluten-free version of this salad? Yes, the salad is naturally gluten-free. Just ensure that any additional ingredients you add, such as nuts or cheese, are also gluten-free if needed.
Roasted Cauliflower Salad: The ultimate culinary delight. Elevate your taste buds today – share, subscribe, and indulge!
I'm Tracy F Hilton, a devoted culinary professional shaped by a mix of natural aptitude and refined skills from a top culinary school. In the dynamic kitchen environment, I'm a catalyst for seamless operations and timely, high-quality dish preparation. My culinary creations are a blend of art and skill, offering visually and gustatorily delightful experiences. A learner at heart, I'm continuously honing my craft, embracing new techniques, and culinary innovations. My positive, collaborative nature is amplified in fast-paced settings, showcasing my commitment to team efficiency and guest satisfaction. Each dish I present is a meticulous blend of tradition and innovation, promising an unforgettable dining experience that marries taste, aroma, and aesthetic appeal in perfect harmony. Join me on a gastronomic journey where each bite encapsulates a rich, evolving narrative of flavors and culinary artistry.