Most of the people who must leave their house early couldn’t have the pleasure of sitting on their breakfast table and well… enjoy their breakfast. Sometimes, our busy schedule couldn’t just permit it. Hence, breakfast-on-the-go items became popular. I will tell you How to Make Granola Bars Chocolate Chips Walnuts.
For this reason, we are imparting the recipe for granola bars chocolate chips walnuts. Not only does it sound good, but it is packed with energy-giving foods that can revitalize you for the morning’s adventure.
- 2 cups of quick-cooking oats (Note: Do not use rolled oats in this recipe.)
- 1 cup of walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup of crispy rice cereal
- 4 tbsp. of mini chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup of packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup of butter
- ¼ cup of honey
- ½ tsp. of vanilla
- Get a baking sheet, lightly grease it and then set it aside.
- Mix oats, rice cereal and walnuts into a large bowl, and then set the mixture aside.
- Melt the butter, brown sugar and honey into a medium saucepot and wait until it comes to a bubble.
- Reduce the heat and keep it cooking for about 2 minutes more.
- Add the vanilla into the saucepot and stir until it is completely incorporated into the mixture.
- Slowly put the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together until the consistency is just moistened.
- Pour onto the prepared baking sheet and press it out until you have ¾ inch thick.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips on top and press them all lightly.
- You are not about to bake this but just let it cook over the countertop in room temperature.
- This will take for about 2 hours or so and then when it is already hard, cut the granola into bars.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 12g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: Granola Bars,