An appetizing for people coming from East Africa ( Ethiopia ) and this dish is usually served in everyone, young or old. We wish you love this special Ethiopian Atakilt Wat.
- 5 potatoes
- I medium green cabbage
- 4 carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1½ tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Pepper and salt to taste
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 1 cup of water
- Slice the onions and carrot.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes
- Chop up the cabbage without adding the core
- Place a pot over medium heat and add the cooking oil
- Add the sliced onions and carrot and sauté for approximately 5 minutes. Add the spices and stir.
- Pour the water into the mixture to prevent the food from burning.
- Add the cabbage and potatoes into the pot and mix thoroughly.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, adding the salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the pot tightly and cook on medium heat for 25-30 minutes.
- Bring the pot down and allow it to cool a bit.
- Serve hot with rice or injera flatbread.
This Ethiopian, one pot, cabbage stew (i.e. Atakilt Wat or Atkilt Wot) is vegan, gluten-free, and delicious.
- Category: main, side, vegan
- Cuisine: African, East African
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 502
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 1041mg
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 59g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Atakilt Wat