Most of us love pancakes but how about adding a simple twist on your morning favorite? Here’s an authentic Polish Potato and Onion Pancakes recipe that you and your family will just love.
Potato and Onion Pancakes
- 5 lb. bag of potatoes (choose between Russet, Red or Yukon Gold)
- 1 medium-size onion (should be cold)
- 4 tablespoonfuls of all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. of ground flaxseed meal + 2 tbsp. of water
- 1 clove of garlic (optional)
- Cooking oil
(Note: For this recipe, it is strongly recommended that you use a non-stick pan or griddle.)
- recommend greek yogurt pancakes
- Prepare the onions and potatoes by peeling them. Drain using coriander if there is extra water on them.
- Grate potatoes, onions and garlic and put into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the flour, flaxseed and salt to taste (but not too much because you will salt them later).
- Ready your pan or griddle by filling it with 1/8 inch deep oil, put it over a medium-high flame and wait until the oil is hot.
- Scoop a large spoonful of batter into the pan or griddle and form a circle of your desired size.
- Cook for about 2-6 minutes which will actually depend on what kind of pan you use or until one side has achieved a golden brown hue.
- Flip and wait until the downside becomes golden brown, too.
- Slightly salt as soon as the pancake comes off the pan.
- Repeat steps 5-8 until the batter is fully consumed.
- Feel free to top with vegan sour cream and apple sauce.
Time and Serving
- Preparation : 15 minutes
- Cooking : 10 minutes
- Serving : makes 24 servings
Read more vegetarian food