Do you love veggie recipes particularly ones which involve peas and carrots? Well, you came right across the right recipe—the browned butter peas and carrots. You can put this as a side dish on your menu or make it as the main dish. Whatever suits your taste and desire is just fine.
This recipe is packed with vitamins and minerals found in carrots and peas, and the yummy-ness factor that you can only find when the butter is present. It is also easy and quick to cook so there’s no need for elaborated preparation and cooking time.
Browned Butter Peas and Carrots
- 1 lb. of carrots, peeled and cut into quarter inch thick slices
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. of fresh thyme leaves
- Put the carrots into a steamer rack over simmering water and step until you attain a crispy yet tender texture.
- Meanwhile, heat pan over medium-low flame and add the batter. Stir the butter until it achieves golden coloring and brown bits at the bottom. Just bear in mind that you are browning it and not burning it, okay?
- Add the carrots and peas to the butter and do continuous stirring to coat them evenly with butter. Cook until the peas are hot and the carrots achieve the attractive golden coloring.
- Put the thyme, stir again and season the dish with salt and pepper. Done!
If you are non-vegetarian, This flavorful vegetarian quinoa fried will is the best choice for you. If you interested, please click here for more recipes