Simple Banana bread is an all-time favourite even by kids. The soft and moist consistency of the bread, plus the fact that the main ingredient is banana, makes it an object of craving.Since banana bread is a simple dessert, you can glamorize it by adding walnuts or pecans, berries and a tsp of ground cinnamon.
Simple Banana Bread Recipe
Simple Banana Bread
- his Classic Banana Bread is perfectly sweet, moist, and full of flavor!
- Preheat oven into 350°F and lightly grease (with oil or cooking spray) and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Into a small bowl, incorporate chia seeds and 2 tbsp. of water. Leave it be for about 5 minutes to let the mixture achieve a jelly consistency.
- Peel the bananas and put them into a large mixing bowl along with the prepared chia seed mixture and a cup of sugar. Mash them using a large fork or potato smasher until all lumps are gone.
- Add the vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix them well until they’re well combined.
- Add the flour gradually (which should be a 1/4 cup at a time) until you achieve a thick batter.
- Spread the batter into the baking pan and place the pan onto the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for at least an hour and test using a toothpick or a knife. Add a few more minutes if the toothpick or knife doesn’t come out clean. Take note that the top the bread should also attain a deep golden brown coloring.
- When it’s cooked, place the pan onto a wire rack and allow the bread to cool. Finish!
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Alternative Method: Baking Simple Banana Bread in a Microwave
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- Optional add-ins: chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or dried fruit
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the mashed bananas and vegetable oil. Heat in the microwave on high for 1 minute or until the mixture is bubbly.
- Stir the sugar into the banana-oil mixture until well combined. The heat helps dissolve the sugar quickly.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Gradually add this dry mixture to the wet ingredients, stirring until you have a smooth batter. Be careful not to overmix.
- If you wish to add any extras like chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit, gently fold them into the batter.
- Grease a microwave-safe dish or microwave-safe silicone mold. Pour the batter into the dish, ensuring it’s no more than two-thirds full to allow room for expansion.
- Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the Banana Bread cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy your quick and easy microwave banana bread!
Tips for making Simple Banana Bread
- Choose the Right Dish: Use a microwave-safe dish or silicone mold that’s the appropriate size for your batter. Overfilling can lead to uneven cooking.
- Monitor Cooking Time: Microwaves vary in power, so keep an eye on your Banana Bread. Start with 5 minutes, and if it’s not done, add more time in 30-second increments to prevent overcooking.
- Check Doneness: Use the toothpick test. Insert a toothpick into the center of the bread; if it comes out clean, your Banana Bread is ready. If not, give it a bit more time.
- Prevent Overmixing: Be gentle when folding in any optional ingredients like chocolate chips or nuts. Overmixing can make the bread tough.
- Let It Rest: Allow your microwave Banana Bread to rest for a few minutes after cooking. This will help it set and improve its texture.
- Classic Slice: Enjoy your warm Banana Bread as is, with a pat of butter or a drizzle of honey for added richness.
- Banana Bread Sundae: Turn your microwave Banana Bread into a decadent dessert by adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
- Nutty Crunch: Sprinkle chopped walnuts or pecans over the bread for extra texture and a delightful nutty flavor.
- Berry Bliss: Top your Banana Bread slice with fresh berries or a spoonful of mixed berry compote for a fruity twist.
- Morning Delight: Pair a slice with a cup of your favorite coffee or tea for a delightful breakfast or snack.
FAQs about Simple Banana Bread
- Can I use frozen bananas to make this recipe? Yes, you can use thawed frozen bananas. However, their moisture content might vary slightly, so your cooking time may need adjustment.
- How long can I store leftover microwave Banana Bread, and what’s the best way to do it? You can store leftover Banana Bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days. For longer storage, keep it in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze it for up to three months. Reheat slices in the microwave for a warm, fresh taste.
- Can I make this Banana Bread with whole wheat flour for a healthier option? Yes, you can substitute whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour. Your Banana Bread will have a slightly denser texture and a nuttier flavor.
- Can I skip the sugar or use a sugar substitute in this recipe? You can reduce the sugar or use a sugar substitute if you prefer a less sweet version. Keep in mind that the sweetness of the bananas plays a significant role in the overall flavor.
- Can I add other fruits to the batter, such as blueberries or raspberries? Absolutely! Feel free to add your favorite fruits to the batter. Berries, diced apples, or even dried fruit can bring a delightful twist to your Banana Bread.
Craving Banana Bread? Try our microwave recipe for a quick and comforting treat. Share the goodness and subscribe for more delightful recipes.