An apple galette is the perfect choice for entertaining. It is a kind of dessert where imperfection is not only acceptable but adds to its rustic charm. Ice cream is a must with this dessert, and if you have many guests, consider doubling the recipe… they will have seconds!
Apple Galette Recipes
For the crust:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 sticks butter cut into pieces, at room temperature
- 4-5 tablespoons ice water
For the crumb topping:
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 5 Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pink of salt
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 egg yolk mixed with 1 teaspoon water
- Place the flour, salt and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer with the dough attachment. Add the pieces of butter and mix until the mixture starts to resemble small peas or breadcrumbs. Add the ice water one tablespoon at a time, until the dough is moist enough to come together.
- Knead the dough into a ball. Flatten into a disc, wrap in cling wrap, and place in the refrigerator where the dough will chill for 30 minutes.
- Combine all the crumb ingredients and set aside.
- Peel and seed the apples and cut into slices. Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Toss the apples in the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- To form the galette, roll out the dough into a large circle, measuring 14-15 inches, on a lightly floured piece of parchment paper. Brush the apricot jam over the center of the circle, leaving a 3 to 4 inch border. Place 3/4 of the crumb over the jam, followed by the apple slices. Sprinkle the remaining crumb over the apples. Use the parchment paper to fold the dough over the apples until your galette is shaped. Place onto a baking sheet and brush the dough with the beaten egg yolk.
- Bake at 375. After 25 minutes, remove from the oven and cover with foil, and bake for another 30 minutes longer.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Other ways to cook Apple Galette
To make a pie crust, chop the apples in small pieces and chill them before rolling. This helps the crust retain its shape in the oven. Ensure that the crust is at least an inch thick, as this will make it easier to slice it. When preparing your apple galette, make sure to allow it to cool for one hour before slicing it. Top it with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delicious dessert!
To make an apple galette, prepare the dough by rolling it into a twelve-inch circle. Place the apple filling in the center of the dough and press the edges together. Brush the dough with egg wash. Sprinkle it with raw sugar and bake it for 35-40 minutes. Once done, it is ready to serve! Suitable for all ages, the apple galette recipe can be prepared in advance. Once the ingredients have been combined, the dough should be chilled. It should be baked in a 450 degrees Fahrenheit oven.
After the apple galette recipe has been prepared, it should be allowed to cool for an hour before serving. Then, slice the pie into triangles. Then, garnish with whipped cream and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. After the galette has cooled completely, it can be stored at room temperature. The leftovers can be stored on a baking sheet or plate covered with plastic wrap. They will remain fresh for 3 to four days.
After the apple galette recipe is prepared, prepare the filling. Add the 2 tablespoons of sugar and the lemon peel. Next, spread the apple preserves on the bottom half of the pie. Then, layer the apples on top of the preserves. Sprinkle the apples with the rest of the sugar. Once the pie is ready to serve, it is time to remove it from the oven. When serving, sprinkle the slices with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Tips and Tricks
The crust of this pie is often inconsistent. For the perfect apple pie crust, chop the apples into small pieces and chill for about an hour. The dough should be rolled out to form a disk and leave enough room around the apples. Cook for an hour or until the pastry is golden brown. Lastly, serve warm. The best way to eat this apple pie is with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Slice the apples into thin slices about a quarter-inch thick. Sprinkle sugar and lemon peel over the apple mixture. Spread a layer of preserves over the pastry and sprinkle with cinnamon. Then fold up the plain crust border and pinch the cracks on the crust. Bake the galette at 375 degrees for approximately 25 minutes. Allow the pie to cool before serving. You can serve it warm or at room temperature. If you don’t have a food processor, you can grate your apples by hand.
The apple galette recipe should be baked at 450 degrees. When you are ready to serve the galette, you can sprinkle the apricot glaze on it. The apple galette is best served when the crust is slightly crisp and the apples are allowed to cool completely. If you want to serve the pie as dessert, it should be served warm. For the best results, leave the apple pan in the oven for 30 minutes. Then slice the pie into wedges.
How to serve Apple Galette
Once the dough is ready, prepare the apples. The apple slices should be thin and tart enough to keep their shape while baking. Honeycrisp and Granny Smith apples are good choices for this purpose. Then, pour the caramel-flavored sugar over the apples and gently roll it out. Put the pie on the baking sheet with the parchment paper. Carefully fold the top over the apple slices. Brush the apples with the apple juice.
After the dough is chilled, place the apple slices on the dough. Drizzle the apples with cinnamon and lemon juice. Sprinkle the apples with sugar and cinnamon. Then, fold the dough over the apples and bake. This simple dessert is perfect for fall and winter. The flavor of the apple is enhanced by the addition of vanilla extract and cream cheese. Then, serve it with a cup of coffee or tea! It is sure to impress everyone!
Thanks for your visiting our FoodAndMeal.Com blog. Like and share this recipe if it is useful for you.