If you feel eating a luxurious dish, the lobster and shrimp mac ‘n cheese will suit you just fine. You don’t have to pay exorbitant prices from a seafood restaurant, mind you. All you have to bear is a little bit of patience and a joyful heart while preparing this dish.
Lobster and Shrimp Mac ‘n Cheese Recipe
How to Make Lobster and Shrimp Mac ‘n Cheese – 10 easy Steps
- 1 lb. cooked lobster meat chopped in 1-inch pieces
- ½ lb. cooked shrimp chopped in half
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ¾ pound any spiral pasta like rotini or fusilli
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk 2% only
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter divided
- 6 oz. Gruyere cheese grated
- 4 ounces Killaree cheddar or any white cheddar, grated
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- This lobster mac and cheese recipe includes cavatappi pasta, cheddar, fontina, and parmesan cheese,
- Bring water to a boil into a large pot and cook the pasta according to the directions indicated on the package. Drain the pasta, set it aside and let it cool down.
- Preheat your oven into 375°F and while on it, heat (not boil) the milk in a sauce pan.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tbsp. of butter and add the ¼ cup flour. Cook the flour mixture over low heat for about 2 minutes while continuously whisking it.
- While still whisking, add the hot milk and cook for another 1-2 minutes until you achieve a thick and smooth consistency.
- Remove from the heat and add the cheddar, Gruyere, salt and pepper.
- Next, add the already-cooked pasta, shrimp and lobster meat. Mix well in order to coat everything with the cheese mixture.
- Put the entire mixture into a casserole dish (large pie dish will also do).
- You also have to melt the remaining 2 tbsp. of butter with the half cup breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle the buttered breadcrumbs on top of the mac ‘n cheese before baking it for about 30-35minutes until the mixture is all bubbly. The breadcrumbs on top should have browned, too.
- Let your lobster and shrimp mac ‘n cheese cool a bit before serving.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Tips for making mac n cheese
To make lobster and shrimp mac n cheese, start by boiling the pasta. You can use store-bought or lump crab meat. Then, grate the cheese into the pan. If you don’t have fresh lobster, you can buy canned lump crab meat or even buy it precooked from the store. When the pasta is done, remove the shells and roughly chop the lobster. Once it’s chopped, toss it with the cheese and garlic. Sprinkle with parsley and bake at 375 degrees for approximately twenty-five minutes.
Ensure that the pasta is cold-water as it makes for tenderer bites. You can also add paprika, garlic, and chili powder to the mac n cheese. Remember to use a quality cheese and shave it yourself to prevent the cheese from getting too soggy. If you don’t want to deal with the hassle of shredding your own macaroni, you can use the piperigate or short noodle.
Prepare a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with olive oil. Meanwhile, prepare the lobster and shrimp. Once you have cooked the lobster, place them in the shells and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Let them cook in the shells until they’re firm and ready to eat. Once the pasta is cooked, remove it using a spider strainer and serve with chives. Then, transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Read more: Cauliflower Quiche with Goat Cheese
For the cheese sauce, use half-and-half and butter, and stir until the sauce is thickened. If you’re not sure whether to use cold-water lobster, you can also purchase frozen lobster. Adding a tablespoon of cayenne or nutmeg to the sauce will add flavor. Alternatively, you can skip the lobster and add the lobster and shrimp in the middle. In order to make the perfect macaroni and cheese, you need to boil the lobster in cold water.
Besides the ingredients, you need to prepare a baking dish and a 9-inch baking dish. You need to heat the oven to 400 degrees. Afterwards, add the lobster and shrimp and mash them. Then, mix together the two. When the pasta is fully cooked, you can add the butter, the green onions, and the milk. Then, pour in the macaroni and shrimp.
Once the macaroni is cooked, the lobster and shrimp will be added to the sauce. The cheese sauce should be thickened to a creamy consistency. Then, mix in the macaroni noodles. You can also add some breadcrumbs, too. This combination is delicious, and a great combination of seafood and pasta is a surefire hit! The recipe is available online at Amazon and on her website.
Finally, add the melted cheese. You may use shredded cheese or whole milk. But, whole milk is best. The creamiest mac n cheese is made with whole milk. When cooking lobster and shrimp mac n’ cheesy, always use high-quality ingredients.
How to storage
Once the cheese is ready, you’ll need to mix it with the rest of the ingredients. You can prepare the dish ahead of time and bake it later. You can even prepare it the day before and bake it the next day. You can also make it a day ahead and reheat it in the oven, but be sure to avoid excessive moisture in the mac. This way, it will remain tender and moist.
Would you like to collect the handfuls of precise recipes? Click the follow button right now! And you may have them for free. Foodandmeal is happy to accompany you on a tour of culinary cultures around the world. Feel free to ask us anything about the recipes because all your kind comments give us the chance to improve our site.