Brick roast actually comes in different names—Square Roast, French Roast, etc. This one genuine kosher dish made from the softest and juiciest beef cut which is the chuck but you can also try the rib and brisket part. Since these three are certified kosher, you will surely experience the succulence extraordinaire. Even if the price could be pretty hefty, eating brick roast is all worth every penny. Now, if you want to trim expenses, try cooking this at home—either for yourself only or with guests.
Brick Roast Recipe
- Sauce or gravy optional
- Put salt, pepper and paprika on your brick roast, making sure that both sides are well-seasoned. Place the seasoned meat in a ceramic or Pyrex.
- Using a sharp knife, create necessary slits on the meat. Insert the sliced cloves of garlic into the cuts.
- Pour the coffee into the Pyrex and add the mushrooms after.
- Cover the Pyrex with lid or plastic wrap and marinate the meat overnight.
- The next day, cover the meat with aluminium foil. Cook the marinated meat into a 400⁰F heat within 2 hours.
- Get it out of the oven and let it cool for some time.
- Get the roasted meat and slice it into the desired cut, and then put it back to its juices. Cover the Pyrex again and cook into the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Serve with desired gravy or sauce.
- You can season your brick roast with herbs and other seasonings.
- You can substitute dried herbs and spices from the fresh seasonings.
- If you want a medium-rare brick roast, the internal temperature of the meat should be at least 145⁰F; for the medium, 160⁰F; and pot-roast style, between 200-212⁰
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Brick Roast Easy Recipe
- 4 to 5-lb, Aarons fresh brick roast
- 1 spanish onion, diced
- Garlic powder
- 1 package onion soup mix
- ½ sm. jar hot and spicy duck sauce
- ½ sm. jar sweet and sour duck sauce
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet. Sauté onion in oil.
- Smear oil over roast and sprinkle pepper, garlic powder and paprika liberally.
- Put onions on top of roast.
- Mix duck sauce and onion soup mix together and pour over roast (can change the ratio of duck sauce according to taste).
- Marinate overnight.
- Cover tightly and bake covered 2-2 ½ hours at 350°.
- Uncover for ½ hour to brown the meat. Baste often.
Tips for making Brick Roast
This recipe is also a great option for a holiday dinner. It is delicious for a holiday meal. It’s the perfect meat for a roast at home. You can easily cook a brick roast in your oven or cook it in a crock pot. Its succulent texture and tender meat will be a hit with your family and friends. So, go ahead and try this recipe next time! It’s easy to prepare!
You can find the recipe for a brick roast in various recipes. The brick roast is a genuine kosher dish made from the tenderest beef cut such as chuck, rib or brisket. You can also make it at home and serve it to guests. But before you start cooking your own brick roast, it is important to have a thermometer. The meat should be about 10 degrees under the desired internal temperature. For medium-rare meat, the internal temperature should be 145-160 degrees. For a pot-roast, the meat should be at least 212 degrees Fahrenheit.
You can add various flavors to it by marinating it overnight. The marinade can be anything you desire. You can add sauteed onions, garlic, paprika, duck sauce, or onion soup mix to it. It will add an elegant touch to your table and will be a delicious meal. To make it even more delicious, you can use different herbs and spices to enhance the flavor.
You can also enhance your brick roast with a marinade. You can use any ingredients that you prefer. You can try adding a mixture of salt, garlic, sauteed onions, duck sauce, or onion soup mix. You can also experiment with various herbs and marinades to give your meat a more distinctive flavor. Once the meat is roasted, serve it with vegetables. It is best served at room temperature. It will be juicy and tender.
You can freeze a brick roast if you don’t want to cook it yourself. To prepare a brick roast, simply slice it and place it in the fridge the day before serving. Then, just heat it through in the oven or on the stovetop. Then, serve with gravy. It’s perfect for a holiday meal. When you’re preparing a French brisket, make sure it’s moist and succulent.