If you are a huge fan of bass, then this is one dish I know you are going to love to enjoy over and over again. Chinese Style Black Bass with Sauteed Bok Choy and Spring Garlic. Served with healthy bok choy and spring garlic, this is one dish I know you won’t be able to get enough.
Chinese Style Black Bass Recipes
Chinese Style Black Bass
- Some Oil Vegetable Variety and For Frying
- 1, 2 Pound Bass Black in Color
- 1 Cup Flour Rice Variety •1 Cup of Cornstarch
- Dash of Salt and Black Pepper For Taste
- Cup Cup of Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Five Spice Powdered Variety
- 4 Bunches Spring Garlic Thinly Sliced
- 4 Heads of Bok Choy Baby Variety and Split •
- 1 teaspoon Oil Sesame Variety
- 2 tablespoons Vinegar Rice Wine Variety
- Some Garlic Chili Sauce Premade and Store-bought
Ingredients For Your Seasoning:
- 2 ½ Tablespoon Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Salt For Taste
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powdered Variety
- 1 Tablespoon Black Pepper For Taste
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powdered Variety
- 1 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano Dried Variety
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme Dried
- The first thing that you will want to do is make your seasoning. To do this place all of your ingredients for your seasoning into a small sized bowl. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Then preheat your oven to 360 to 375 degrees in a large sized Dutch oven set over medium heat.
- Next cut four slits on the surface of your bass.
- Then use a large sized bowl and add in your flour, cornstarch, dash of salt and black pepper, seasoning and powdered five spice. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Season your bass with a generous amount of salt and black pepper and dredge in your flour mixture. Once seasoned drop your bass into your hot oil and fry for at least 8 to10 minutes or until your fish is golden brown in color and fully cooked through.
- Next heat up a large sized wok and add in your vegetable style oil. Set over medium heat and once your oil is hot enough add in your spring garlic and fresh bok choy. Cook for at least 4 to 5 minutes before removing from heat.
- Add in your sesame style oil and vinegar. Toss again to evenly incorporate.
- Serve your fish on top of a bed with your sauteed vegetables and your chili
- sauce served on the side. Enjoy right away.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Other ways to making Chinese Style Black Bass
Start by heating four tablespoons of canola oil in two saute pans. Season each fillet with salt and pepper and then sprinkle with the five-spice powder. Place the fish, skin-side down, on the prepared pans. Flip them over halfway, and continue to cook for 8 minutes. You can serve with lime slices and boiled rice, if desired. Here are the steps to prepare this classic Chinese dish:
Heat four tablespoons of canola oil in two non-stick saute pans. Add the fillets and season both sides with the salt and the 5-spice powder. Put the fillets in the hot pans. Place the fish skin-side down and place under the broiler until golden brown. To prevent the fish from shrinking, use a metal spatula to turn the fish over, and cook until the skin is golden brown and easily flakes apart. Remove the fish from the oven and serve with boiled rice and a garnish of lime slices.
Next, slash the skin of the black bass so that it does not curl while cooking. Add the salt and pepper and stir until the skin has crisped. After a minute or two, add the soy-sauce mixture and drizzle the fish with the sauce. Once cooked, the fish should flake easily and can be served with lime slices and boiled rice. While the fish is cooking, the sauce will caramelize and thicken.
During the cooking process, add the sugar, cornstarch, and sesame seeds. Then, add the fish to the pans and bake until it is flaky. You should serve the fish with boiled rice and lime slices. When preparing this recipe, make sure to use the skin of the fillets to prevent the fish from breaking apart. In addition to slicing the flesh, it should be grilled to ensure it is cooked through.
Before frying, the fish must be slashed on both sides. This is to avoid curling. The fish should be cooked in a hot pan until the skin is crispy. Then, add the sauce and bake until the fish is cooked through. During the cooking process, you can add the toppings. For this dish, slashed skin is essential for the flavor.
After preparing the sauce, you need to prepare the fish for frying. To make Chinese Style Black Bass, use 4 tablespoons of canola oil and butter. Then, place the fish skin-side down on the pan. Pour the soy sauce mixture over the fish skin. If the fish is opaque, it has been cooked through. If it is translucent, it is ready to eat. Once grilled, serve with lime slices and boiled rice.
Food And Meal website is happy to accompany you on a tour of culinary cultures around the world. Feel free to ask us anything about the recipes because all your kind comments give us the chance to improve our site.