This Radicchio And Parmesan Salad recipe, adapted from the Toro Bravo cookbook, introduces a very brilliant way of adding kick to the dressing. By chopping a red onion and letting it sit in a vinegar and honey mixture for 10 minutes, you are adding the onion zing to the dressing without actually adding the onions. You then put away your onions for tomorrow’s sandwich, and use the marinated vinegar in the salad. So good!
Radicchio And Parmesan Salad Recipes
Radicchio And Parmesan Salad
- 2-3 heads radicchio
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine or sherry vinegar
- 1 red onion. chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan finely grated and divided
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the onion and place in a bowl with the 2 vinegars and the tablespoon of honey. Let sit for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Remove the onions from the vinegar and keep in the fridge for another use. Add the salt and pepper to the vinegar, then slowly whisk in the oil.
- Remove the cores from the radicchio and chop into 1-inch pieces. Place the chopped radicchio in a bowl of chilled water and let sit for 15 minutes to remove any bitterness. Strain and spin in a salad spinner until dry.
- Toss the radicchio with the salad dressing using your hands. Add 1 cup of parmesan and mix again. Top with the extra half-cup parmesan to serve.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Other ways to making Radicchio And Parmesan Salad
Toss the radicchio and endive in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. If you’re using a vegetable peeler, shred the cheese. Add it to the salad and toss gently. It’s ready to serve. Then, you can add any of the following ingredients. If you have leftovers, you can freeze some radicchio and parmesan salad.
For the dressing, whisk lemon juice and olive oil together until they combine. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently. Shave the Parmesan using a sharp knife or vegetable peeler. Toss the salad to coat well. Let sit for at least 30 minutes before serving. The flavors will blend. You can also serve this salad with grilled chicken or fish. If you’re cooking in the oven, add some roasted or grilled radicchio.
Once you’ve shaved the Parmesan, prepare the salad. Slice the radicchio leaves in half and arrange them on a large plate. Cut the endive into long strips. Toss the radicchio with the endive strips and arrange the slices around the radicchio. Once the radicchio is prepared, drizzle the salad with the dressing and serve immediately.
To make the arugula, radicchio and parmesan salad, you’ll need a large bowl. It is best to use a sharp knife to shave the radicchio. It is best to use a salad bowl that is large enough to accommodate all of the ingredients. If you have a large bowl, you can layer the radicchio and parmesan on top.
After you have chopped the radicchio and escarolo, place them in a large bowl and toss with olive oil and lemon juice. Toss the radicchio with the endive and drizzle the dressing over it. Toss the salad lightly and serve immediately. It will serve as a delicious salad. Enjoy! It’s a simple and healthy salad that can be made in minutes.
Food And Meal site gives you culinary and cultural journeys around the world that you couldn’t find anywhere. Feel free to accompany us so that all the cooking secrets and techniques are to your fingers.