Curry Potatoes are a popular and easy to make Ugandan side dish. In this article we will share direction to make Ugandan Curried Potatoes A timesaving one, yet delicious for people of all ages.
- 4½ tbsp cooking oil
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 2 kilos of red potatoes, washed, cut into 1-inch cubes. (Parboil in
- salted water, but not boiled soft enough (boil water, add potatoes, cook over
- low heat. Remove the potatoes and drain after 4 minutes, rinse with cold
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 cups of water
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp cayenne powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat
- Add onions and cook for 6-8 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add turmeric, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and coriander and mix well. Add the tomato paste and lemon juice and mix again to combine everything.
- Add potatoes and about ¼ teaspoon salt and mix again.
- Add 1½ cups of water.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, and the curry is thick and covering the potatoes.
- Add the parsley at the end of the cooking time and mix well. Serve hot with grilled chicken or meat stew.
- Category: main, vegan
- Cuisine: African, East African
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 516
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 1595mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 86g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Ugandan Curried Potatoes