How to make Bobotie
Bobotie, South Africa’s rich, heady, and sublimely comforting national dish is my treat in today’s meal.
For the burger
- 5 teaspoon of curry powder
- 2 medium onions
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 3 slices of bread
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon of mango chutney
- 3 teaspoon of sultana
- 2 teaspoon raisin
- 6 bay leaves
- Grounded ginger
- Tomato puree
- 3 eggs
- Minced beef
1. Break the slices of bread into a cooking bowl and pour the
milk into it. Let the milk get soaked by the bread. Set aside.
2. Chop the onions and crush the garlic.
3. Put oil in the pot, let it heat up. Then add the onions and
crushed garlic to it. Stir for a few minutes until the color turns golden brown.
4. Add the mango chutney, raisins, and sultanas, cloves, and tomato puree.
5. Add your minced meat to the pot. Stir well while crushing the mince into fine-grain until the color is changed.
6. Then, squeeze out the milk from the bread and stir in the soaked bread to the meat. Stir well together. Taste and adjust seasoning.
7. Leave to cook slowly for 5 minutes.
8. Remove the pot from the fire and pour the meat into a baking dish. Press it down and smoothen the top. Cover the dish with a foil and put it into a preheated oven at 190 degrees. Bake for 25-35 minutes.
9. Mix the eggs and remaining milk together with some seasonings. Whisk thoroughly.
10. Pour the mixture over the meat and bake for 20 more minutes until it turns golden.
11. Bring out to cool for 10-15 minutes.
12. The food is ready.
- Calories: 386
Keywords: BOBOTIE, bobotie recipe, how to make bobottie,