Many people love the tenderness and juiciness of chicken thighs. We can take a look at the fast food commercials and we’ll know. In your grocery, you can choose the boneless variety or the ones with bone. Thighs with bone, also known as ‘drumsticks,’ are sold cheaper than the ones without the bone. With a couple of herbs and spices, marinate chicken thighs and roast them to bring out their best flavor.
- 6-8 drumsticks, with skin
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed only
- 3 tsp. of olive oil
- ¼ tsp. of kosher salt
- ½ tsp. of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. of fresh rosemary or thyme,chopped
- rosemary sprigs or thyme sprigs
- skillet or baking pan
- aluminum foil
- Preheat the oven into about 450⁰F. Heat the oven to 450° F. Line baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease the foil. (When using a skillet, also preheat the skillet.)
- In a large bowl, combine all the herbs, spices and salt.
- Put the thighs with the herbs and seasonings and drizzle with olive oil.
- Arrange the coated drumsticks in the baking pan (or preheated skillet) and also include the rosemary and thyme sprigs. (Be careful when you are arranging the chicken thighs in a pre-heated skillet.)
- Put the pan into the oven and roast the chicken thighs for about 30-40 minutes until thoroughly cooked. Make use of a thermometer to determine if the meat has been already cooked.
Time and Serving
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
Incoming search terms:
- how to cook chicken