This coconut sorbet is based on a recipe by Jean Georges Vongerichten, in which he urges not to be discouraged by the simple ingredient list, the end result delivers big flavor. The coconut milk thickens to a wonderful creamy consistency and contrasts so nicely with the cherries.
The fruit is so delicious with the syrup, you can skip the sorbet and serve the cherries on their own with some lady fingers to soak up the syrup. You can add liqueur to the fruit, or our favorite, a bit of balsamic vinegar.The sweet and sour combination is heavenly.
Coconut Sorbet recipes
Coconut Sorbet with Cherries in Syrup
For the coconut sorbet
- Shake the cans of coconut milk very well to reblend the solid and liquid parts, and pour into a saucepan. Add the sugar and bring to a boil until all of the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and add the rum.
- Pour the coconut milk into a heatproof bowl and allow to cool. To speed up the process, you can place the bowl in a larger heatproof Pyrex-type dish and ice water to quickly bring the temperature down. You can then place the bowl in the refrigerator until it has chilled.
- Pour the coconut milk into an ice cream maker and churn according to directions. This sorbet churned for about 20 minutes until it achieved a creamy, thick texture.
- While the coconut milk is chilling, cut the cherries into halves.
- In a saucepan combine the sugar and water. Bring mixture to a boil, then simmer until light caramel in color. Remove from the heat and add flavourings, if using. In a heat proof bowl, pour the syrup over the cherries and allow to cool.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Other ways to making Coconut Sorbet
To make Coconut Sorbet, you can use any brand of coconut milk or you can buy it in a carton. You will need to cook coconut water until the sugar dissolves. You can use liquid sweeteners or non-granular sugar. You will not get any grainy lumps if you use liquid sweeteners. Next, you need to add coconut cream or milk. Transfer the mixture to your ice cream maker and freeze it for 3 hours.
To make Coconut Sorbet, you will need a blender or a food processor. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Boil the mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool. Then, strain the mixture. Pour the coconut mixture into an ice cream machine. It will take at least 4 hours to freeze. You can store Coconut Sorbet for up to three months. Once frozen, it should be stored in an airtight container. To avoid leaks, wrap the container in wax paper or parchment paper.
To make Coconut Sorbet, start by making the mixture. To make Coconut Sorbet, combine the coconut water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil and remove from the heat. Leave it to cool for one hour, then strain the liquid. Once cooled, add coconut milk. Then, use the Cuisinart ice cream maker to make Coconut Sorbet. After the ice cream maker is finished, serve it with a scoop.
To prepare Coconut Sorbet, combine the coconut water with the sugar. Stir the mixture constantly with a fork to avoid lumps. To prepare it in an airtight container, place the sorbet in a plastic bag. Then, cover it with wax paper or parchment paper. This way, the sorbet will not melt. It is best to serve Coconut Sorbet 15 minutes before serving.
Once you’ve prepared the ingredients, the next step is to add the coconut water. It helps to reduce the freezing point of coconut water. It will also add flavor. The coconut water will have pulp, and you can add it to the mix. After the mixture has cooled down, you can serve Coconut Sorbet. You can use a machine to make it. You can freeze it overnight in a loaf pan if you prefer.
To make Coconut Sorbet at home, you will need a coconut creamer. You can use a sorbet maker for this task. You can also prepare the Coconut Sorbet in a metal loaf pan. Once it has frozen, you can serve it to your family and friends. You can serve it immediately after it has frozen and you’ll get rave reviews from all of your guests. You can even serve it to your friends.
FoodAndMeal.Com website is happy to accompany you on a tour of culinary cultures around the world. Feel free to ask us anything about the recipes because all your kind comments give us the chance to improve our site.