Pasta primavera consists of milk, cream and vegetables blended together to form one perfect entrée that everybody will surely love. The creamy silkiness of the sauce makes is a certified pasta dish that can warm the heart of anybody who takes the dare of getting out of their strict diet. To complement the creaminess of this pasta dish, take Sauvignon Blanc.
- 6 oz. of fettuccine, still uncooked
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- ½ cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, cut into half
- 2 cups of green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 1/2 cup (1-inch) slices asparagus (about 2 ounces)
- 1/8 tsp. of red pepper, crushed
- ¼ cup ( or 1 oz.) of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2/3 cup of half-and-half
- 1 tsp. of cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup of fresh basil, chopped
- recommend: Chinese How to Cook Chinese Noodles or Regular Pasta with Soy Sauce
- Boil the green beans for about a minute and add broccoli and asparagus. Cook the vegetables for another 2 minutes or until they are already crisp-tender.
- Remove them from the pan using a slotted spoon and transfer into a big bowl.
- Boil the water you used for the veggies and add the fettuccine. Cook pasta for 10 minutes or until al dente, then drain and add to the vegetables.
- Put the non-stick pan over medium-high heat and pour oil.
- Add onions and sauté for about 2 minutes, making sure that the onions are browned in the process.
- Add the garlic and the red pepper and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add the peas and continue to sauté for another minute or until the peas are ready.
- Mix in the tomatoes and add another 2 minutes in continuous cooking.
- Blend together the half-and-half and corn starch using a whisk.
- Reduce the flame into medium heat.
- Add the corn starch mixture and salt into the pan and cook for 1 minute or until the sauce thickens. Cook the sauce until it thickens and be sure to stir it constantly.
- Pour the sauce onto the pasta and veggie mixture and toss.
- Put with basil and shredded cheese on top before serving.
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 113g
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 270mg
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
Keywords: Pasta Primavera,