There is no other Chinese New Year recipe that is as delicious as this one. This Traditional Roast Duck dish just screams New Year and is an excellent way to end the year and begin anew with some good luck!
Chinese Traditional Roast Duck Recipes
Traditional Roast Duck
- 1, 5 Pound Duck Pekin Variety
- 6 Strips Orange Zest Only and Fresh
- 1 Onion Small in Size and Cut Into Halves
- Dash of Salt and Black Pepper For Taste
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Molasses Unsulfured Variety
- ¼ teaspoon Coriander Crushed Lightly
- 8 Peppercorns Whole and Crushed Lightly
- 2 tablespoons Orange Juice Fresh
- 2 tablespoons Vinegar Balsamic Variety
- 2 Cloves Garlic Crushed and Peeled
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Honey Raw
- A day before you want to roast your duck, remove the neck and giblets from the bird. Trim the excess fat and rinse under some running water. Pat dry with a few paper towels and place onto a large sized baking dish.
- The next day preheat your oven to 300 degrees. While your oven is heating up pierce the surface of your duck with a fork. Season your duck with a generous amount of cooking spray and stuff your duck with your fresh orange zest and diced onion.
- Pour a cup of water into your pan.
- Place your duck into your oven to bake for the next 3 hours, making sure to prick the skin of your duck every hour with your fork.
- Remove your duck from your oven and raise the temperature of your oven to 450 degrees. Continue to roast for the next 30 minutes or until the skin of your duck is crispy and brown.
- Remove and allow your duck for the next 10 minutes.
- Use a small sized bowl and add in your fresh orange juice, balsamic vinegar, crushed garlic, honey and molasses. Whisk until smooth in consistency and baste your duck with this mixture. Sere whenever you are ready and enjoy.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Other ways to making Traditional Roast Duck
To prepare this meal, you will need to prepare the marinade by mixing soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and water. You should also add garlic, ginger, and five-spice powder. Combine these ingredients and allow them to stand for several hours or overnight before roasting. The duck should be placed on a bundt cake stand in the refrigerator for an hour before cooking. Once the duck is ready, it should be sliced and served.
Once the duck is properly cleaned and trimmed, you can begin to prepare the roasting sauce. This sauce should contain a combination of dark and light soy sauce, water, and five spices. You should leave the duck in the marinade for a few hours or overnight. Then, it should be roasted. To make the preparation of the marinade, first, you must clean the duck thoroughly. Remove the gizzard and organs. Then, rub the meat with salt and place on a ceramic plate.
When the duck is marinated, you should prepare the soy sauce marinade. This should consist of dark soy sauce, hoisin, and water. After that, you should wash and clean the duck thoroughly and remove the organs. To prepare the roasting sauce, you can use a combination of these ingredients. After preparing the marinade, you should leave it overnight to ensure that the duck skin is crispy and fatty. Once the duck is ready, you should place it on a rack, or even better, place it on a bundt cake stand.
Before roasting a duck, you need to marinate it. The ingredients for this sauce should be soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and water. You can also add a few teaspoons of ginger and garlic. Once the duck has marinated, you should place it in the oven for a couple of hours or overnight. Once it has marinated, it is ready for the next step. The duck should be glazed with the marinade and then roasted.
For this recipe, you should prepare the marinade. The ingredients include dark soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and water. Then, clean the duck and remove any organs and gut. Then, place it in the fridge and allow it to marinate overnight. Once the duck has been marinated, the next step is to prepare the sauce. In this step, you should mix the ingredients to make a glaze.
To make the sauce, you can use soy sauce, dark soy, and water to marinate the duck. Then, combine the ingredients in the marinade. Then, mix the soy sauce with the water, then massage the duck with it. You can also use honey, diluted with water, to rub it on the skin of the duck before roasting it. Then, bake the duck in the oven for approximately four to five hours, depending on how much time you have to prepare.
Thanks for your visiting our Food And Meal blog. Like and share this recipe if it is useful for you.