Who can resist the allure of rich, fudgy brownies swirled with velvety cheesecake? In this blog post, I’m thrilled to share with you my Cheesecake Brownie recipe—a true masterpiece that blends the best of two dessert worlds. Get ready for a culinary adventure that’s bound to impress.
Cheesecake Brownies Recipes
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter and flour an 8 inch square brownie pan.
- Mix 1/2 cup all purpose flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, sea salt, and set aside. Melt 6 oz chocolate chips and the two sticks of butter in the microwave and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, 1 cup sugar, coffee granules, and vanilla extract with a whisk until frothy. Incorporate the chocolate and butter mixture into the beaten eggs and stir with a spatula until well combined. Add the flour mixture. Toss the 3 oz mini chocolate chips with the remaining 2 tablespoons flour and add to the brownie mix. Spread mixture evenly in the prepared pan.
- Mix the ingredients for the cream cheese topping in a bowl and spread evenly on top of the brownie mixture. You can use a knife to create swirls at this point.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Cool brownies on a rack.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Alternative Method: Instant Pot Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare the Instant Pot: Grease and line a 7-inch round springform pan that fits into your Instant Pot. Set aside.
- Melt Chocolate and Butter: In a microwave-safe bowl or using a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and butter until smooth. Stir until well combined and set aside to cool slightly.
- Prepare the Brownie Batter: In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together 1 cup of sugar, 2 eggs, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Gradually add the melted chocolate mixture and continue to whisk until fully incorporated. Stir in the all-purpose flour and salt until you have a smooth brownie batter.
- Prepare the Cheesecake Batter: In another mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Add 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 egg, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix until the cheesecake batter is creamy and well combined.
- Layer the Batters: Pour half of the brownie batter into the prepared springform pan. Spread it evenly. Then, pour the cheesecake batter over the brownie layer. Finally, add the remaining brownie batter on top, spreading it to cover the cheesecake layer.
- Create a Foil Sling: To easily remove the pan from the Instant Pot, create a foil sling by folding a long piece of aluminum foil in half lengthwise. Place the springform pan on the foil sling and fold the sides up, forming handles.
- Pressure Cook: Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot’s stainless steel insert. Place a trivet inside. Carefully lower the foil-wrapped springform pan onto the trivet. Close the Instant Pot lid, set the vent to sealing, and cook on high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Natural Release and Cool: Once the cooking cycle is complete, allow for a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure. Carefully remove the cheesecake brownies from the Instant Pot.
- Chill and Serve: Let the cheesecake brownies cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to set. Slice and enjoy!
Tips for making Cheesecake Brownies
- Decadent Dessert Duo: Serve your Instant Pot Cheesecake Brownies warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The contrast of warm brownies and cold ice cream is pure heaven.
- Berry Bliss: Garnish each slice with a handful of fresh berries such as raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries. Their tartness beautifully complements the sweetness of the brownies.
- Nutty Crunch: Sprinkle some chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans on top for added texture and a delightful nutty flavor that pairs perfectly with the creaminess of the cheesecake.
- Espresso Elegance: Elevate your dessert experience with a cup of rich espresso or a shot of your favorite coffee liqueur. The coffee notes complement the chocolatey goodness.
- Sweet and Salty: For a sweet-savory contrast, add a small pinch of flaky sea salt on top of each brownie slice. It enhances the overall flavor profile.
- Grease and Line: Ensure your springform pan is thoroughly greased and lined with parchment paper to prevent sticking. This will make it easier to remove the brownies after cooking.
- Avoid Overmixing: When mixing the brownie and cheesecake batters, don’t overmix. Overmixing can result in a denser texture. Mix until ingredients are just combined for a perfect balance of fudgy and creamy.
- Cooling is Key: Allow your Instant Pot Cheesecake Brownies to cool completely before refrigerating. This helps them set properly and achieve the desired consistency.
- Selecting the Right Pan: Use a springform pan that fits comfortably inside your Instant Pot. Ensure it’s tightly sealed to prevent any water from getting into the dessert during pressure cooking.
- Experiment with Toppings: Feel free to get creative with toppings. Try drizzling caramel sauce, chocolate ganache, or a fruit compote over the brownie slices for an extra layer of flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions about Cheesecake Brownies
- Can I use a different pan if I don’t have a springform pan for my Instant Pot? Yes, you can use a regular cake pan as long as it fits in your Instant Pot. Be sure to line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Can I make these Cheesecake Brownies ahead of time? Absolutely! These brownies can be made a day in advance and stored in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
- Can I freeze leftovers? Yes, you can freeze leftover Cheesecake Brownies. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil before placing them in the freezer. They can be stored for up to three months.
- How do I prevent the cheesecake layer from cracking? To minimize the risk of cracking, avoid overmixing the cheesecake batter, and don’t overcook the brownies in the Instant Pot. Let the brownies cool gradually to room temperature after cooking.
- Can I use a different type of chocolate in the brownie batter? Certainly! Experiment with different types of chocolate, like dark or semi-sweet, to tailor the flavor to your preference. Just ensure it’s suitable for melting and baking.
Make Cheesecake Brownies your new dessert obsession with our foolproof recipe. Share the goodness and subscribe for more culinary delights!