If you’re looking for a quick and easy side dish, try Air Fried Brussels Sprouts! With just five simple ingredients, you can cook these delicious side dishes in under 20 minutes! The perfect combination of sweet, salt, and spicy will leave you craving more. These tasty sprouts are perfect for a light meal with chicken or roasted meat. Just follow these steps for perfect Air Fried Brussels – it won’t take long at all!
Air Fried Brussels Sprouts recipes
Air Fried Brussels Sprouts
- Preheat the air fryer oven to 400°F (204C).
- Prepare the Brussels sprouts by halving them, discarding any loose leaves.
- Combine with the melted coconut oil and transfer to the air fryer basket. Set and cook for 10 minutes. Shake the basket once cooking. The sprouts are ready when they are partially caramelized.
- Remove from the oven and serve with a topping of melted butter.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Alternative Cooking Method: Oven-Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound (450g) fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup (30g) grated Parmesan cheese (optional, for added flavor)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the trimmed and halved Brussels sprouts with olive oil. Toss to ensure they are evenly coated.
- Season the Brussels sprouts with salt, black pepper, and minced garlic (if using). Toss again to distribute the seasonings.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Ensure they have some space between them to allow for even roasting.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for about 25-30 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts are tender and have developed a golden, crispy exterior. You can shake the pan or stir the sprouts halfway through the roasting time to ensure even cooking.
- If desired, sprinkle the roasted Brussels sprouts with grated Parmesan cheese while they are still hot. The residual heat will melt the cheese and infuse even more flavor.
- Serve your oven-roasted Brussels sprouts as a delectable side dish or snack.
Tips for making Air Fried Brussels Sprouts
- Dry Your Brussels Sprouts: Before cooking, ensure your Brussels sprouts are completely dry. Excess moisture can prevent them from becoming crispy.
- Uniform Size: Try to cut your Brussels sprouts into uniform sizes. This helps them cook evenly and ensures consistent crispiness.
- Oil and Seasonings: Don’t be shy with the olive oil and seasonings. A generous coating of oil helps with the crispy texture, and seasonings like garlic, salt, and pepper add flavor.
- Single Layer: Whether air frying or roasting in the oven, arrange the Brussels sprouts in a single layer. Crowding them can result in steaming instead of roasting.
- Shake or Stir: If using an oven, stir the sprouts or shake the air fryer basket halfway through the cooking time. This promotes even cooking and browning.
- Parmesan Cheese: If you love a cheesy flavor, consider adding Parmesan cheese right after cooking while the sprouts are still hot. The residual heat will melt the cheese.
- Lemon Zest: For a burst of freshness, try adding lemon zest to your roasted or air-fried Brussels sprouts. The citrusy notes beautifully complement their earthy flavor.
- Balsamic Glaze: Drizzle a balsamic glaze over your sprouts for a sweet and tangy twist. The glaze adds a delightful depth of flavor.
- Toasted Almonds: Top your sprouts with toasted almond slivers for a satisfying crunch and nutty flavor.
- Bacon Bits: Everything’s better with bacon, right? Crumbled bacon pairs wonderfully with Brussels sprouts, offering a savory and smoky contrast.
- Crispy Onions: Crispy fried onions provide a delightful texture and a touch of sweetness that complements the sprouts.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) about Air Fried Brussels Sprouts
I'm James F Anderson, a noted sous chef from London and a Le Cordon Bleu alumnus. My career began in a Michelin-starred Parisian eatery, where my blend of classic and contemporary cooking, using seasonal ingredients, earned accolades. Recognized in culinary publications and on cooking shows, I’m committed to mentoring aspiring chefs and delivering memorable dining experiences, marking me as a standout talent in the culinary world.