Bharwan Mirchi or Stuffed Peppers Recipe is an easy-to-do recipe that only requires you to use ingredients that are already available in your kitchen. In this recipe, big green chilies are used and stuffed with almost anything, from ground meat, fish fillet, etc. If you’re a vegan, on the other hand, you can use other ingredients as well.
- Read More: https://foodandmeal.com/indian
Bharwan Mirchi or Stuffed Peppers
Always make sure that the green chilies you’re going to use must be big and fresh enough to get stuffed. The crunchier the green chilies are, the better.
- 6 -7 pcs. Medium-sized Green Chilies
- ¾ cup Besan or Gram Flour
- 1 tsp. Amchur or Mango Powder
- 2 tsp. Sukha Dhaniya or Coriander Powder
- 1 ½ tsp. Fennel Seed Powder
- 1 tsp. Red Chili Powder
- 1 pinch Hing or Asofetadia
- ½ tsp. Mustard seeds
- ½ tsp. Haldi or Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp. Garam Masala powder
- ¾ tsp. Roasted cumin seeds, crushed
- 2 – 3 tbsp. Oil for cooking
- 2 – 3 tsp. Water
- Salt to taste
- First, clean and wash the green peppers before slicing it open and removing its seeds. Once done, set it aside.
- Next, heat some oil in a pan and put the mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds start to sizzle, add besan, turmeric and chili powder. Mix it well and cook for at least 10 to 15 minutes over a medium to low flame. Cook until the besan becomes golden-brown and starts emitting a nutty and pleasant aroma.
- Once done, take it off the stove then mix the other spices as well. Stir until the whole mixture becomes well blended. Add some salt and make sure that it suits your taste. The masala is now ready to get stuffed.
- Sprinkle some salt inside the green peppers. Add at least one or two teaspoons of water or curd in order to bind the masala powder together. Once done, stuff these inside the green peppers. Make sure that you don’t overstuff it or else the masala will pour out of the peppers during frying.
- Fry the chilies in an oil-heated pan until it becomes light brown in color. Make sure that you don’t overcook it or else, the peppers will become soft. Once done, put the finished Bharwan mirchi on serving plates and serve along with some dal recipe.