Welcome to the vibrant world of African cuisine, where flavors and traditions come alive. Today, we’re embarking on a culinary journey to explore the rich and hearty Egusi Soup. This beloved African dish, featuring melon seeds and leafy greens, is a true comfort food. Whether you’re new to African cooking or simply craving something delicious, this Egusi Soup recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
Egusi Soup Recipe
West African Egusi Soup
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sauté for 1 minute
- Add all the ingredients to the pot except the ground egusi. Stir thoroughly and let it boil for 3 minutes.
- Add the egusi to the pot and stir. Add water to your desired consistency to make a smooth sauce.
- Cook on a low heat for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Serve with yam, rice, plantain, or grilled fish, chicken, or meat.
© Food And Meal
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the Spoonacular Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Alternative Preparation Method: Slow Cooker Egusi Soup
Hello! I’m Black Pie, your culinary guide at Food And Meal, Hana Hotel Travel Company Limited. I'm passionate about unveiling the rich and diverse flavors of African cuisine to the world. Each recipe we explore is a celebration of culture, tradition, and exquisite taste. Join me on this delightful culinary journey, where we'll discover and share the hidden gems of African cooking together!