Sundays are often enjoyed with a great abundance of food that it’s practical to have light dinners before retiring. Penne pasta with tomato cream sauce provides cheesy goodness but is still light for the tummy. Prepare dinner tummy-and-palate friendly dinner for your family using this Tomato cream Sauce Pasta recipe.
- 16 oz. of penne pasta, prepare al dente
- 4 oz. of prosciutto, thinly sliced and cut into strips or pieces
- 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter
- ½ of a medium-sized onion, diced
- 1 can of 28 oz. crushed tomatoes with dried basil
- ¼ cup of plain Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. of kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Additional grated parmesan cheese for serving
- Prepare the pasta and be sure that it’s cooked al dente.
- Prepare the sauce by preheating a large pan over medium flame.
- Cook the prosciutto by regularly tossing it on the pan for about 10 minutes until it’s all crispy. Transfer to a plate and set aside until needed.
- Melt butter into the pan and sauté the onions for about 3-5 minutes. You’ll know that it’s already cooked when you see it looks translucent.
- Put the crushed tomatoes and let it simmer. Pour the Greek yoghurt, peas, parmesan cheese and stir well. Add kosher salt and pepper to enhance the taste.
- Again, bring it to a gentle simmer and don’t bring it to a boil. Boiling the mixture will curdle the yoghurt.
- Toss in the pasta in order to heat it through. Top it with additional parmesan cheese before serving.