Some people find eating vegetables rather struggling, especially kids. However, we all know that eating vegetables is a necessity due to the nutrients that they have. As a simple trick, why don’t you try serving vegetables in soup form instead?
Moong Dal Shorba
As a meal starter or appetizer, you can serve your kids Moong Dal ka Shorba and they will lick their bowls clean without thinking that what they are eating are vegetables. If you want to cook Moong Dal Ka Shorba, you must follow the quick and easy steps in this recipe.
For Boiling Dal
- 2/3 cup Yellow Moong Dal
- 1 pc. Small Onion, chopped
- 1 pc. Small Ginger
- 1 tsp. Haldi or Turmeric Powder
- 1 ½ cup Water
- Salt to taste
- 1 pc. Small Green Chilies, chopped (optional)
- 1–2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp. Red Chili Powder or Crushed Red Chili Flakes
- 1 tbsp. Black Peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- ½ tsp. Jeera or Cumin Seeds
- 2 tsps. Ghee or Butter
- 2 tbsps. Chopped Cilantro Leaves for garnishing
- 1 tbsp. Cumin Seeds, roasted
- ½ – 1 cup Water (for diluting the soup)
Sabut moong dal recipe
- Clean and wash dal thoroughly before putting it in a pressure cooker. Add the remaining ingredients and pressure-cook the dal for 3 to 4 whistles or 10 to 15 minutes. After that, pour ½ to 1 cup of water to the boiled dal and puree it by using a hand blender. Adjust the mixture’s consistency by putting some water then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add powdered black peppercorns, red chili flakes and pour in lemon juice then mix it well.
- Heat butter or ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds. Once the cumin seeds start crackling, remove from heat and pour it over dal puree. Mix and allow it to simmer for at least 3 to 4 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add cream on top, chopped cilantro and crushed roasted cumin seeds as desired before serving it along with some bread.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 141
- Sodium: 10.9 mg
- Fat: 3.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.6 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 7.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Moong Dal Ka Shorba,