We often associate lettuce with salads. But with Vermicelli rice noodles, lettuce will have a different kind of crunchy twist. In this recipe, just prepare the lettuce wraps and quick-fry the vermicelli. The process is truly easy but you must put careful attention during frying.
- Vermicelli rice noodles
- Canola oil
- Wok or deep pan
- Tongs or slotted spoon
- Kitchen shears
- Paper towels
- Cut the dried vermicelli rice noodles into 4-5 inch lengths.
- Put the wok over a medium-high flame and pour the ¾ cup of canola oil. Heat up the oil which will take for about 1 minute. To test if your oil is truly ready, put the end of 3 noodle strands into the oil. If the ends quickly puff up, then the oil is ready; otherwise, it is not.
- Gently drop the noodles into the hot oil. Put noodles per batch so that it can be easier for you to monitor them. It only takes 5 seconds for one side to be cooked. After 5 seconds, flip onto the other side and wait. You’ll know that they’re cooked once they turned white and puffy. Remove the noodles using a slotted spoon or tongs and transfer on a plate lined with paper towels. The paper towels will absorb the excess oil and will render your noodles not too oily.
- Do the same procedure in Step no. 3 for the rest of the noodles.
- You can opt to sprinkle salt on the noodles or just leave them be. Serve the noodles with the lettuce and enjoy with every crunchy bite.
Young blonde woman holding a bowl of cerealsYou may also like: